Respected Contributor

Re: Wanting to give up a job.......

@Luvsmyfam   Oh good.  Now you can have medical insurance with Medicare.  That should be a relief.

Super Contributor

@hckynutjohn  I'm going to read your post to my husband tomorrow. Thank you for wanting them to stay safe

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam 

I understand the importance of listening to your body with those aches and pains, but now is the time to formulate a solid plan on what you need and what it takes to have that, as well as a financial cushion.  

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam 

Hey, girl .... are you there?   Everything okay?  Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 yes,I'm here and just reading all posts.i worked 2nd job today til 4.my feet r stinging and my back is crying.just get a cable bill in the mail for 200.00.this is all madness.i have to decide what is important and what isnt

Esteemed Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:
What I wouldn't give for health insurance.no I have none from neither job

Hi there @Luvsmyfam 

Could swear I just read 1 of your other posts where you told you age! I won't repeat it, gentlemen do not do that. I however do know this, at the age you posted you certainly should be on Medicare.

I doubt any part time jobs comes with a Medical Plan. I can tell you this. The company where I worked for 33 years had a great Medical Plan for most employees.

However! If they decided to work past age 65, they were no longer eligible to stay on the Company Plan. They either accepted Medicare or they had no Medical Insurance Plan.

Why are you not insured with Medicare since you are of age?

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 yes,I'm here and just reading all posts.i worked 2nd job today til 4.my feet r stinging and my back is crying.just get a cable bill in the mail for 200.00.this is all madness.i have to decide what is important and what isnt

@Luvsmyfam 

Sounds like you need to re-do your financial life, but it will help you..

I honestly don't know anything about your life or your living situation, but it occurred to me ....  is it possible you could have a roommate?  If not where you live, somewhere else?  Not sure if anyone else has aleady suggested it, but it would dramatically cut your monthly living expenses ... at least consider it.  

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam  I don't often comment on things like this, but it's pretty surprising that you would disappear from this thread that you started.  There are six pages of replies from people offering advice to you.

I think many of us are concerned that you don't seem to have health insurance ("what I wouldn't give for health insurance" in message 5 on page 1) when you are 66 and qualify for Medicare.  Would you please answer at least that question?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Luvsmyfam  I don't often comment on things like this, but it's pretty surprising that you would disappear from this thread that you started.  There are six pages of replies from people offering advice to you.

I think many of us are concerned that you don't seem to have health insurance ("what I wouldn't give for health insurance" in message 5 on page 1) when you are 66 and qualify for Medicare.  Would you please answer at least that question?

@NickNack  

If @Luvsmyfam  didn't want traditional Medicare, which is sometimes a little pricey, there are Medicare Advantage plans that have a $0 premium.  Heck, covering even the basics would be a huge relief!

Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@NickNack , great post.  I, too, noticed the same thing.  Asking for advice/opinions with posters taking the time to answer, then hearing no response.