Honored Contributor

Re: Wanting to give up a job.......

When ever I want to buy something frivolous, I ask myself, how many hours I have to work to pay for it.  That's usually enough to give me second thoughts. Look at everything in your closet, your jewelry box, your home and ask yourself if buying more is worth your mental and physical health. 

I don't know your financial situation but before you contemplate quitting one of your jobs, you need to curb your spending first and see if you can live like that. 

Respected Contributor

@KathyM23 yes,I am 66 and have gotten my 1st ss ck

Respected Contributor

@RedTop this is what scars the you know what out of me.im telling you tho,my body is saying different tho.i tire more,aches and pains daily

Honored Contributor

You’re 66 and receiving SS and you don’t have Medicare?
Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

It's my understanding both jobs are only part time.  As many years as you have worked both jobs to make ends meet, I don't see how you can even think of giving one up, at a time when every utility, service, food, and personal need items are costing far more than we're used to paying.  

@RedTop  @Luvsmyfam 

Great point.   

What comes to mind is the saying to always "live beneath your means".

It seem like @Luvsmyfam  has no experience whatsoever with this.  She needs to develop that skill, first, or she'll be needing "extra cash" for the rest of her life!

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Luvsmyfam wrote:
What I wouldn't give for health insurance.no I have none from neither job

@Luvsmyfam that alone would be a deal breaker. One illness could bankrupt you.

There are a lot of companies looking for full time help with benefits. Maybe one job instead of two part time jobs would put you in a better position to accumulate more money for retirement. 

@Trinity11 

I don't recall if the OP said she has a nest egg, but that's a key factor here.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Luvsmyfam wrote:
What I wouldn't give for health insurance.no I have none from neither job

@Luvsmyfam that alone would be a deal breaker. One illness could bankrupt you.

There are a lot of companies looking for full time help with benefits. Maybe one job instead of two part time jobs would put you in a better position to accumulate more money for retirement. 

@Trinity11 

I don't recall if the OP said she has a nest egg, but that's a key factor here.

Not having medical insurance could end up bankrupting any nest egg accumulated anyway. It is vital to have some kind of medical insurance @Tinkrbl44 .

Just read the OP is 66. I am not understanding why she is not on Medicare.

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam The time to apply for Medicare is NOW. As I recall I did it online, just like I applied for SS many eons ago.

Also, you often post when you buy something that you know you shouldn't spend the money. That should tell you something and that is meant in a kind way.

Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam  I'm confused.  You stated you've reached the age of 66 and you haven't applied for Medicare?

A lot of evasive omissions here.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam    Are you overwhelmed with all the ideas and suggestions?  Its not much fun for all the posters who've tried to help you if you don't participate in your own thread by adding comments and answering questions. 

This type of thread invites questions.  If you'd rather not disclose personal information, its probably smart to rethink a subject that invites discussion of finances.

You'll have to give your decision some thought but let us know what you decide.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment