Respected Contributor

Re: Wanting to give up a job.......

Somehow I don't think there will be any updates; however, you can read the "highlites of her Saturday" in Q talk.  Seems there's time to post about that, but no replies to everyone who gave advice.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@Luvsmyfam  I don't often comment on things like this, but it's pretty surprising that you would disappear from this thread that you started.  There are six pages of replies from people offering advice to you.

I think many of us are concerned that you don't seem to have health insurance ("what I wouldn't give for health insurance" in message 5 on page 1) when you are 66 and qualify for Medicare.  Would you please answer at least that question?

@NickNack  

If @Luvsmyfam  didn't want traditional Medicare, which is sometimes a little pricey, there are Medicare Advantage plans that have a $0 premium.  Heck, covering even the basics would be a huge relief!

@Tinkrbl44 

I am not familiar with the exact age a person qualifies for their Maximum Social Security Checks. For me it was at age 65, and had been for decades.

Somewhere along the line it was changed to certain years, and it added months past the age of 65. I have no idea where the age is at the present, since I started mine at age 62, which was over 21 years ago. I know my wife had to wait till 65, plus extra months, for her SS.

Has that age possibly now gone past 66 to 66+? If that's the case, maybe @Luvsmyfam, doesn't get an SS check, from which Medicare, will deduct her costs.

A possibility? Beats me, I don't know her exact age, nor want to look up the math, now connected to SS requirement age.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

If you are 66 and eligible for Social Security and Medicare why on earth are you working two jobs? It doesn't sound like you have much of a social life and you shouldn't be needing to buy much at that age. You have made it clear that it is taking a toll on your health and causing you stress. The answer seems obvious.

Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@Luvsmyfam  I don't often comment on things like this, but it's pretty surprising that you would disappear from this thread that you started.  There are six pages of replies from people offering advice to you.

I think many of us are concerned that you don't seem to have health insurance ("what I wouldn't give for health insurance" in message 5 on page 1) when you are 66 and qualify for Medicare.  Would you please answer at least that question?

@NickNack  

If @Luvsmyfam  didn't want traditional Medicare, which is sometimes a little pricey, there are Medicare Advantage plans that have a $0 premium.  Heck, covering even the basics would be a huge relief!

@Tinkrbl44 

I am not familiar with the exact age a person qualifies for their Maximum Social Security Checks. For me it was at age 65, and had been for decades.

Somewhere along the line it was changed to certain years, and it added months past the age of 65. I have no idea where the age is at the present, since I started mine at age 62, which was over 21 years ago. I know my wife had to wait till 65, plus extra months, for her SS.

Has that age possibly now gone past 66 to 66+? If that's the case, maybe @Luvsmyfam, doesn't get an SS check, from which Medicare, will deduct her costs.

A possibility? Beats me, I don't know her exact age, nor want to look up the math, now connected to SS requirement age.

hckynut  🇺🇸

@hckynutjohn   She said that she was getting Social Security and that she was 66.  You still qualify for Medicare when you are 65.  I don't think this mystery with her will ever be solved.  She obviously just doesn't want to respond.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@NickNack  

@Tinkrbl44   With a Medicare Advantage plan, you still have to pay for traditional Medicare.  With a $0 premium Advantage plan, the premiums are paid from what you pay for traditional Medicare.  I have an Advantage plan, and that's how it was explained to me when I signed up.

My Advantage plan is excellent.  They've never denied me anything, and I've had one surgery, CT scans, MRIs, ultrasounds, etc. in the past couple of years.  

Since she's not replying I'm beginning to think that she does have Medicare even though she made that comment about "what I wouldn't give for health insurance."  It doesn't make sense that she wouldn't.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

She always has a problem about a job or a boyfriend.    Or she's bored at home... Just quit one job.... forget the guy that isn't interested... amen.