Respected Contributor

oh trust me, i will.lesson learned

Respected Contributor
I have a update on money for shower gift.my sister inlaw came into the library tonight and handed me 30.00.you could tell,her body language was not happy.i politely said thank you,and she turned around and left.im a big definitely not on her good list.i got my money,so I really don't care if we speak again.afterall,she is the inlaw,I am the daughter
Thank you everyone for responding
Contributor

@Agreeing to host an event in your home has nothing to do with not contributing to a gift that was supposed to be divided. It turned out not to be a "happy ending" with her attitude. She didn't "forget" either--some people are just toxic and should be avoided. Like I said--life is way too short--smile and move on❤️

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:
I have a update on money for shower gift.my sister inlaw came into the library tonight and handed me 30.00.you could tell,her body language was not happy.i politely said thank you,and she turned around and left.im a big definitely not on her good list.i got my money,so I really don't care if we speak again.afterall,she is the inlaw,I am the daughter
Thank you everyone for responding

I'm glad you were paid and that is over.

Try not to stress about it now.

Super Contributor

No, you should be reimbursed, but there are some people who don't worry about paying their debts,  I'm in the same position at the moment.  

Respected Contributor

Very difficult to read without appropriate punctuation/grammar!

Respected Contributor

I'm confused. Did she not reply?

Honored Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

Very difficult to read without appropriate punctuation/grammar!

@Tinkerbell3, I have a degree in English and taught the puntuation, grammar, and vocabulary to court reporting students for many years; I was able to understand the OP's post.

No one should be shamed in a venue like this. It just discourages them from posting.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I doubt she intended to avoid paying her share.

That you reminded her so soon left her feeling insulted that you assumed she wouldn't pay.

Respected Contributor

Re: Want an opinion

[ Edited ]

@Luvsmyfam  I'm glad to read that she has paid you.  It's really a shame when people force you to collect on money that they know that they owe you, especially if the person needs the money.  But even if the person who offered to get the gift card for everyone else doesn't need the money repaid and has oodles of money, it's ridiculous that you even had to text her.

I don't know your financial situation, but it irks me that some people have zero consideration for others, and then seem to play the victim or get huffy when they should be doing the right thing all along. 

As for me, I don't have extra money sitting around and would expect everyone to cover their share and would have texted just like you did.

Glad it worked out, and apparently, she has shown her true colors to you. 

......You look like I need a drink.....