Valued Contributor

Want a laugh? I want a hippopotamus for christmas...

If you need a laughGoogle I want a hippoptamus for Christmas  on you tube. Cant post the link here , but if you see the words lyrics and more , watch the dog dancing with the hippo singing is so cute! My husband always sings bits of this , has been doing it for years . he remembered it from his youth. I had never heard it and the dog dancing is too much! Hope you giggle too..Maryanne

Honored Contributor

Re: Want a laugh? I want a hippopotamus for christmas...

[ Edited ]

One of my favorite Christmas songs! That one and Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer. A few years aho the Hallmark stores were selling a big plastic push-button that played Hippopotamus. Yes, I bought it :-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Re: Want a laugh? I want a hippopotamus for christmas...

[ Edited ]

Thanks Maryanne for posting this, and we also adore Alvine and the Chipmunks, with all their shenanigans and Christmas Songs, especially their version of.........

Christmas don't be late (original)- Alvin and the Chipmunks.

This is one of our all time favorites on you tube, and I have the original recordings from eons ago, which I still play on Christmas Eve & Christmas Day, and everyone thoroughly enjoys them.

It would not be Christmas without Alvin and the Chipmunks.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to to you my dear Maryanne, and to everyone .......from our home to yoursSmiley Happy.

Also in memory of my Beloved Mother, and Beloved Husband I must include our favorites they also loved besides the Chipmunks, which was Elvis Presley "I'll Have A Blue Christmas Without You"......and I really know the true meaning of those words. Lord how I miss all of them, especially during the Holidays.

"May all our deceased loved ones continue to rest in Heavenly eternal joy, peace and love".