Valued Contributor

Does anyone use Savings Catcher at Walmart?  I've used it for the past several years and I've actually gotten several hundred dollars back.  But it seems like they keep changing it and making it harder and harder to use.  I normally would enter my receipt numbers online, but as of 10/31, the receipt numbers are supposed to be submitted directly at a register when you buy something.  I did get directions to do this, but I still don't understand it.  I normally use the self-checkouts out Walmart since most stores have so few live cashiers these days.  I feel like if I have to go thru all this rigamorole at the self-checkout line that anybody that is behind me is going to be ticked that I'm taking so long.  Any suggestions?

Honored Contributor

@sueeich...yes I use that feature - but I do not have a smart phone and will not be using the savings catcher after the 31st.  And I do think the instructions sound difficult - lots of hoops to jump thru....after I shopped I would input the numbers at home via my macbook air - very simple.

There is an existing thread about the change in the savings catcher - you might want to look for it - it was explained how to use the new system as well.

Trusted Contributor

I gave up on using it as you say when it got harder and harder.  Also, it seemed like everything I purchased was not being considered for the savings. 

Valued Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@sueeich...yes I use that feature - but I do not have a smart phone and will not be using the savings catcher after the 31st.  And I do think the instructions sound difficult - lots of hoops to jump thru....after I shopped I would input the numbers at home via my macbook air - very simple.

There is an existing thread about the change in the savings catcher - you might want to look for it - it was explained how to use the new system as well.

I have a smart phone and from time-to-time I'd submit my receipts via the app, but the changes require that everything be done at the register at the point of purchase.  You won't even be able to use your phone anymore to submit receipts.  Very frustrating.  I really like the program but I would feel very bad holding up people behind me in line as I try and submit my receipt. 

Trusted Contributor

I have gotten over $250 back in less than two years and there are just two of us I grocery shop for. I don't have a smart phone so won't be able to use it any longer. I used to just scan my receipt when I got home using their app and my iPad. Irrates me they've done this. I don't even know how I'm going to use the credit I have now.

Honored Contributor

We’ve been getting our groceries delivered to our car for several months now and never thought to ask about savings catcher.

Esteemed Contributor

Like everything else, I'm sure once thieves started scamming this, Wal-Mart had to make changes to try to restrict this to the actual shoppers. 

I suppose thats now why the online option is out, they want you standing in their store with the receipts in your hand.

Respected Contributor

following

Honored Contributor

I've used it for awhile now and yes, thtey keep making changes to it, whether its to discourage shoppers from scanning at all (and therefore up their bottom line) or if it it has anything to do with scammers, but I love it and have saved over $120 in the last si months I've had it.  I'll find that thread because I'm determined to continue to use it!  It's great!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/Anyone-use-Walmart-Savings-Catcher/m-p/4937095#M1303122

Here's the previous thread talking about WalMart Savings Catcher.  I believe it will all be done using WalMart Pay, which once easily set up is really convenient.  I recently used about $40 on a couple of items and all I had to do was go through the checkout and scan the box and I was done.  I believe scanning the receipts will be done through WalMart Pay as well.... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*