Trusted Contributor

Re: 🇺🇸WREATHS ACROSS AMERICA 12/15 Veterans & Military🇺🇸

@SleepyTime wrote:

I discovered this organization a few years back and have been buying a wreath or 2 every year since. I love it. Someday, my goal is to buy one a month for the year.

What a beautiful goal, @SleepyTime

Thanks to @dooBdoo for this timely reminder. 

Honored Contributor

I am going tomorrow to Arlington National with my company.  We rented a 56 passenger van to get us there and back.

It is going to be raining so I hope some people still go.  I'm afraid it will just be 3 of us.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Contributor

My husband and I will be laying wreaths at Wood National Cemetery in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.  We look forward to honoring and thanking the fallen at this special event.

Respected Contributor

Wreaths Across America

Honored Contributor

@MorningLover@LAPG@VaBelle35@Rowan72@elizabethl123@SouthernBee@SleepyTime@goldensrbest@meallen616@Nugbucker@Cakers3@LindaSal,

and everyone who graced this thread with your "hearts" on the various posts...

Thank you all for caring about this program.   It's rainy and chilly here and looks to be that way all day, but we're reminded that our noble and courageous soldiers were there to serve and protect no matter what adversity the weather dealt them. 

My eyes fill with tears, too...   just thinking of each individual who has sponsored a wreath or wreaths, or who donates their time and effort by placing the wreaths, or who spreads the word about the program.   And tears spring up when I think of all the names that will be spoken aloud, sent up to the skies, in honor and gratitude and benevolent remembrance.

There are times when we understand exactly why this forum is called a "community."   This is one of those times, and I'm grateful for the opportunity to be a small part of it and to know all of you.   Sending my love, thanks, and good wishes to you all.

~❤️~

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

My daddy was a veteran and was buried next to his parents in PA, sadly not in our local national cemetery. Since I live in the town I grew up in, I know lots of veterans buried here. I always buy wreaths for those who meant a lot to me while growing up, those whose children have long left the area. It's a big deal here but we have a ways to go before we can place wreaths on all our graves. Each year, the program grows; it's very emotional to look over the cemetery when the beautiful wreaths are placed. I sure appreciate all the work put into this program.

Honored Contributor

I just went to visit my Mom's grave, I completely forgot this was going on. It's so hard for me to go there anyway, and there were lots of cars and people so I left after a brief time.

I hate to be one of those people but some parents apparently don't teach their kids proper reverence in a cemetery. Running around, jumping on each other's backs, shouting. I don't get it. They're there to do this to honor veterans, they should also honor the fact that it's a cemetery.

Sorry @dooBdoo I don't mean to add anything negative to your beautiful thread. Just disappointing.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

I think this is a wonderful thing to do, but my experience was different. I paid for 2 wreaths.  1 for my uncle, 1 for a soldier who didn't have someone to decorate.  I don't live too far from Fort Logan, but wasn't home the day they were placed.  I went 2 days later and no wreath. Contacted the organization and they had no explanation. Very disappointed.  They offered to refund my money, but I chose to let them keep the money. I do hope they really did place 2 wreaths.  I will decorate my uncle's grave myself from now on.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just an FYI, some people "borrow" other people's things, w/o asking.  Sorry yours was this way.  I know it's not right, for whatever reason, thinking no one will notice.  They have no idea what it means to family members.   @brandiwine

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wreaths across did tell me they didn't place the wreath for my uncle. No one "borrowed" it.  They just didn't do it.