Honored Contributor

🇺🇸WREATHS ACROSS AMERICA 12/15 Veterans & Military🇺🇸

[ Edited ]

Quoting excerpts from their website:

"Join us on National Wreaths Across America Day

December 15, 2018

Each December on National Wreaths Across America Day, our mission to Remember, Honor and Teach is carried out by coordinating wreath-laying ceremonies at Arlington National Cemetery, as well as at more than 1,400 additional locations in all 50 U.S. states, at sea and abroad.

Why We Do It

We understand we have Veterans Day in the fall and Memorial Day in the spring, but our service members sacrifice their time and safety every single day of the year to preserve our freedoms.

In many homes, there is an empty seat for one who is serving or one who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country.   

There is no better time to express our appreciation than during the hustle and bustle of the holiday season.

We hope you will join us at any of our more than 1,400 participating locations to show our veterans and their families that we will not forget. We will never forget.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

REMEMBER
our fallen U.S. veterans.

HONOR
those who serve.

TEACH
your children the value of freedom.

Wreaths Across America also conducts several programs to honor our veterans, including the popular “Thanks a Million” campaign which distributes cards to people all over the country to give veterans a simple “thank you” for their service.   WAA participates in veterans’ events throughout the year, and has a veteran liaison on staff to work with local veterans organizations.

WAA is committed to teaching younger generations about the value of their freedoms, and the importance of honoring those who sacrificed so much to protect those freedoms.

The organization offers learning tools, interactive media projects, and opportunities for youth groups to participate in the events.  

They also work to create opportunities to connect “the Greatest Generation” with the “Generation of Hope”, passing on inspirational stories from World War II veterans to the leaders of the future.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we lay wreaths on veterans' graves, we say their names.

We encourage every volunteer who places a wreath on a veteran's grave to say that veteran's name aloud and take a moment to thank them for their service to our country.   

It's a small act that goes a long way toward keeping the memory of our veterans alive.

We're here to remember not their deaths, but their lives.

We Remember, Honor, Teach all year long.

While coordinating wreath-laying ceremonies is a big part of what we do, our mission is carried out throughout the year. Here's how... " [please see their website for more]"

(copy and paste link:

wreathsacrossamerica.org)

~❤️~

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

Re: 🇺🇸WREATHS ACROSS AMERICA 12/15 Veterans & Military🇺🇸

Thanks for posting this.   We purchase a wreath every Christmas season to honor our family military members and all of the military members across this great nation.

Honored Contributor

Believe me, when you say the name of the person I guarantee it will be with a sob in your throat.

I realize not everyone can get to one or can be physically able to do this but try to at least keep them all in mind on that day.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3.. absolutely. Reading this post and the responses so far makes me tear up a bit.
@dooBdoo.. beautiful post and a lovely reminder to honor those who’ve served and those who’ve lost their lives so that we can have the freedom to celebrate the holiday season as we see fit. ♥️

Honored Contributor

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site33/2018/1107/20181107_031407_wreaths-across-america.jpg

Honored Contributor

The wreaths come from Maine,and our citizens are proud to do this.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your posts and kind hearts,  @LindaSal@Cakers3@Nugbucker@meallen616, and @goldensrbest.

(((❤️)))

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Regular Contributor

I discovered this organization a few years back and have been buying a wreath or 2 every year since. I love it. Someday, my goal is to buy one a month for the year.

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo: Thank you for the information. Announced today in our local paper that for the first time this wonderful  organization will include Fort Benning. Yes -  I cry while reading the stories of honoring such brave men and women for us to be free. Southern Bee 

Valued Contributor

my son and i will put one on my hubbys grave  he served in the navy     bless all who served to keep our country free       AMEN