Honored Contributor

WOW!!! What A Wonderful Thing To Do!

I heard about a wonderful, fantastic idea this morning that I hope we can pass on and on!

We all hear about the struggles of growing up (maybe we remember some too!) and all to many times we can't "make it better".

A parent-teacher organization at our local elementary school (actually our son's school) had a wonderful idea!  Out of the roughly 20 restroom doors in the building, they painted positive phraises.  A few were, "Perfect girls don't exist!".  "You are beautiful in every way!".

The project will finish by doing the teacher's work area.

What good could happen if this exploded into every school system?  If it only helps one child it's worth it!

Please talk about it and share with your sons and daughters rearing grand children.  

Honored Contributor

Re: WOW!!! What A Wonderful Thing To Do!

I like that idea, but it would be nice if the teachers and the kids reinforced those thoughts with the kids and each other verbally. I can't imagine the positive effect that way of thinking and speaking from adults would have made in my day when I was that young. Self esteem is everything and if the kids have a little success along the way it can really make their lives easier going forward.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@blackhole99 wrote:

I like that idea, but it would be nice if the teachers and the kids reinforced those thoughts with the kids and each other verbally. I can't imagine the positive effect that way of thinking and speaking from adults would have made in my day when I was that young. Self esteem is everything and if the kids have a little success along the way it can really make their lives easier going forward.

@blackhole99 JUST imagine what we could all do if we collectively told this to the parents we come in touch with and they passed it on and on!  

I can't tell you how many crying teenagers I had before school, between classes, and after school.  We all did.

I've also been signed in as a "family member" at the adolescent ward at the hospital where all they got to see was family, a counselor, and an MD.

Esteemed Contributor

I love this concept! This is worthy of a national movement. 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I heard about a wonderful, fantastic idea this morning that I hope we can pass on and on!

We all hear about the struggles of growing up (maybe we remember some too!) and all to many times we can't "make it better".

A parent-teacher organization at our local elementary school (actually our son's school) had a wonderful idea!  Out of the roughly 20 restroom doors in the building, they painted positive phraises.  A few were, "Perfect girls don't exist!".  "You are beautiful in every way!".

The project will finish by doing the teacher's work area.

What good could happen if this exploded into every school system?  If it only helps one child it's worth it!

Please talk about it and share with your sons and daughters rearing grand children.  

I just love this!

this makes me cry: 

Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWASeaYuHZo&list=LLUilt7UyCgJQ6EkeG8K3Ebg&index=18

Respected Contributor

Wow

That is such a positive conception! 

It is worth doing and trying.

That is what is called explicitly stated graffiti.

Honored Contributor

@chiclets wrote:

Wow

That is such a positive conception! 

It is worth doing and trying.

That is what is called explicitly stated graffiti.

@chiclets Pass it on girl!!!  That's where more MAGIC starts!!!!!