Honored Contributor

Re: WITHDRAWING LARGE AMOUNT OF MONEY FROM BANK

I don't know why people start a thread and take off?

Esteemed Contributor

It's when they do these "hit-and-run" posts, that makes it hard to take the poster seriously.

But, I have a feeling that she'll be back with another bank question.

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I haven't read all the posts, but did anyone bring up the point that it is absolutely crazy to walk around with large amounts of cash?  Someone may see you at the bank and follow you.  Then you have the same issue with keeping large amounts of cash in the house.  Contractors have several employees, perhaps not all are choir boys.  Just watch a few shows on ID crime TV. 

@depglass

I don't know if you read my VERY LONG post about my interesting visit to a branch of US Bank or not. If not, I don't blame you.

As I stated in my novella, I went there to withdraw a few thousand $$$ of cash money. Since I have a state CCW Permit, needless to say I was carrying. Since I carry every place I go, inside when it is legal, this time I felt it more important, as to your above statements.

I trust nobody when I am walking in public, especially in circumstances concerning large sums of cash. If someone wishes to "try me", there is a chance someone will get seriously hurt. Might be me, but I will be more prepared than many others may be. I don't need to watch Crime Shows, I watch real happenings on real news networks.

I always go with my wife when she is carrying cash in 4 digits, be it pay our property taxes or pay cash for things we do to our home. When you spend over 30 years as a hockey Referee, you have to have vision almost 360° or you are inviting being seriously injured. Larger men than myself, at times, carrying large sticks, and wearing razor blades on their feet. And then there is that frozen piece of hard rubber flying around you, sometimes at very inopportune times.

Long enough? Way too long, sorry!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I don't know why people start a thread and take off?

@cherry

Well, maybe the intent was to actually do some money laundering and they were hoping someone would  give them some ideas!  You never know!   LOL   Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@hckynut   The bank people made fools out of themselves over my
"forgery".............I was detained and surrounded by bank personnel......like they had just caught Ma Barker.    The other customers stood around watching.    After they compared my endorsement with my signature card, driver license, AND passport (this is AZ)...........they agreed among themselves to cash my check.    Oh yeah.....this was also a branch bank inside a KROGER store (!!!) di

@Desertdi

During my long detainment/in cuffs behind my back, I was standing to start and then they got me a chair. All of this in this fairly busy grocery store and me getting some differing types of looks from some those passing by.

Some looked curious while others seemed to have the look as "aha, they caught this attempted bank robber". At 1 time 4 policeman standing over me, what would one think. Now I have to admit, as my wife occasionally tells me: "john, you look like a homeless man". Dressing up is not, nor ever been a thing that concerned me in the least. Said many times on these forums that "I couldn't care what people think about me".

This is a store that was owned by a local man and a couple brothers. We shopped there exclusively for many years, thus why we banked there. Then Kroger took over and it turned into a dump and we started shopping elsewhere. I was seen by a couple check out clerks I knew, and they waved as the policemen's back was to them. I obviously wasn't able to wave back.

Embarrassed? Nah, not much of anything I do I feel is embarrassing, especially when I am just trying to get MY OWN money out of my bank. Strange as my original stop was going to be a health food store to fill up my 3lb. jar with fresh ground peanut butter. I was going past the store and thought I would stop there first, instead of on the way home. After those 3 hours or so, I was only interested in going home to the comfort of our furry kids.

Told the story to my wife and my sis and they were kinda like your original reply statement to me: "laughing and crying" about it. My sister ended up taking her money elsewhere, as did my wife. I also had to sign a document to acknowledge I would be "Arrested and charged with Trespassing if I entered the bank again". I ain't even been back to the store much less that ridiculous bank.

Just a few more details of my fun 3 hours while stopping to withdraw my own money from my bank. Who knew? ☺

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut     Ohmigosh............that almost sounds like false imprisonment or something.    I have removed my money from several BIG banks because they challenged my citizenship.  Sat me down in an office, and called their headquarters and told them they were holding an undocumented person in their office with a phony U.S. passport......which doesn't look like her driver license.

The "official" on the other end of the speakerphone said, "If the name and address are the same, let her go".   The banker said, "Well, she's got red hair in one of the pictures."    The head office person said........"Women dye their hair" and hung up on the banker.

I'm originally from Chicago, and I sound like it.    My grandparents were from Chicago.   I look like any run-of-the-mill suburban housewife........     

I am really getting tired of  these guys trying to play Wyatt Earp........di

♥Surface of the Sun♥