Honored Contributor

Re: WITHDRAWING LARGE AMOUNT OF MONEY FROM BANK

Just write them a check... or pay with your debit credit card. That is what I do. I payed for my deck being built and just wrote out a check for $5000.

Esteemed Contributor

After reading this whole thread, I have come to the conclusion that either the o/p has cognitive issues, or, the whole story is one big fabrication/lie, and we are being played with.

I am reminded of that Amy Phoeler fan person who use to come here "upset" that her church friends didn't like her. Only to find out, she had posted the same exact post, word-for-word, on other websites.

I'm not saying that it's the same person, but the type of questions are the same.

But, if this person is telling the truth, then I really do hope that they have a caregiver, because it seems to me that they have some cognitive issues going on, and are unable to make sound and wise financial decisions.

If we are being scammed, and this whole story is one big fat lie?

Well, then that says a lot about them, doesn't it?

Honored Contributor

She has only posted  in a couple of areas, and doesn't seem to interact much at all. It's hard to know from the small amount of information she has given out ,if she is honest or not

She might not be someone who is familiar with using  the boards. She does say she has a son, so I hope he helps her

Esteemed Contributor

I don't trust banks.

5,300 Wells Fargo employees fired over 2 million phony accounts

I don't need to be babysat, or have big brother looking over my shoulder. JMO

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KatieB wrote:
@shiningstar   I have not had this happen to me regarding my checking account, but I have had the bank call me regarding a charge to my credit card account.  And I am so glad they did.  It turned out to be someone charging a pair of Nikes for $250.  I was not the purchaser....  

The bank probably wanted to be sure that you were the one making the withdrawals.  If it was me, I would be glad they contacted me. 

@KatieB

A charge to a credit card I would like to be called. Not quite the same as an interrogation about how you are spending your own money withdrawn from their facility.

Who would't want to know if someone is using their identity racking up charges on their credit card? Nobody. Guess you lost me in your comparing a crime of someone using your credit card, and a bank interrogation about what/how and why someone spends their own money.

Sorry, your post is over my head. Maybe I am missing the "forrest because the trees are in the way".

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut wrote:

@KatieB wrote:
@shiningstar   I have not had this happen to me regarding my checking account, but I have had the bank call me regarding a charge to my credit card account.  And I am so glad they did.  It turned out to be someone charging a pair of Nikes for $250.  I was not the purchaser....  

The bank probably wanted to be sure that you were the one making the withdrawals.  If it was me, I would be glad they contacted me. 

@KatieB

A charge to a credit card I would like to be called. Not quite the same as an interrogation about how you are spending your own money withdrawn from their facility.

Who would't want to know if someone is using their identity racking up charges on their credit card? Nobody. Guess you lost me in your comparing a crime of someone using your credit card, and a bank interrogation about what/how and why someone spends their own money.

Sorry, your post is over my head. Maybe I am missing the "forrest because the trees are in the way".

hckynut(john)

@hckynut   Either way (checking or credit card), I'd rather be called....

Honored Contributor

@shiningstar

Yoo hoo ....  where are you?    

You wrote for feedback and help, and now you disappear?    We'd appreciate hearing from you.     

Honored Contributor

@hckynut   The bank people made fools out of themselves over my
"forgery".............I was detained and surrounded by bank personnel......like they had just caught Ma Barker.    The other customers stood around watching.    After they compared my endorsement with my signature card, driver license, AND passport (this is AZ)...........they agreed among themselves to cash my check.    Oh yeah.....this was also a branch bank inside a KROGER store (!!!) di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@shiningstar

Yoo hoo ....  where are you?    

You wrote for feedback and help, and now you disappear?    We'd appreciate hearing from you.     

Come out , come out where ever you are! 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think that she'll be back.

I think that this was a hit-and-run post.