Esteemed Contributor

Re: WINTER'S PLAYGROUND❄️☃️⛸️

@possummink   Blizzard sounds like a very smart cat, stealing Charlie's lunch. 
  When I was a child we had several cats at different times. 
The problem was, they were allowed outside and there was a two lane road in front of the house. Also dangerous was the alley alongside my house and my grandmother's. 
   My friend's  father
 was a veterinarian and his office was just down the street. All of our cats made at least one trip to be repaired. 
    First there was Jr. He was white with black spots an Alley cat. When he had an encounter with a car he had to have his jaw wired. He made a grinding sound when he ate but lived a long time. 
   Mama wouldn't tell me when a pet died, she waited until I asked where they were or in case of Mittens my friend asked me where she was. I recall telling her she was probably outside. Then she told me my cat had died. I asked my mother if that was true and she told me a car had hit her. She sent my friend home. 
    After we moved to a larger house and better street we had a fenced yard and several dogs enjoyed that. 
    I only had one cat after I was married we were in Germany and I wanted a Siamese. They were rare there in the 60s. A neighbor was German and put an ad in the paper that we wanted a kitten. 
   On a cold night my neighbor, husband and I drove to the village in the snow. The two kittens and their mother were in the living room in front of a fire on a bearskin rug. One had a bob tail that curled. My Caesar had a longer tail. We paid for him and the lady gave us canned cat food. The husband had to pet him a last time and my neighbor said to leave fast before they changed their minds!

They didn't speak any English and I didn't speak much German but the man would call asking how the cat was. 
    I would let him talk to Caesar on the phone.
     Still in my mind is the memory of the snowy night, and warm fire with kittens playing.

😻 😺

@possummink wrote:

@1Snickers wrote:

@CherryHugs 

@CherryHugs wrote:

132093114_3611253722288675_3351007927250311024_n.jpg

This reminds my of the cat I got one Christmas named Mittens. She had blue eyes, but was deaf. 
         That same year my grandmother made stuffed animals and a story she told each night about them. One animal was Alice the dignified cat. THIS cat could be dignified Alice! This cat has an attitude I'm certain!         

@1Snickers 

Krypto,   I had a rescue, Blizzard, who was a big beautiful snow white cat with the bluest eyes you could imagine.  He was deaf in his later years.  He 'mothered' my Barney(baby kitten abandoned in my barn) when I brought Barney inside.  He guarded that kitten even chasing my big Doberman, Ace, away from Barney.  All Ace wanted to do was pick Barney up in his mouth and carry him around.   It was amazing to watch how Blizzard, a male, took such good and loving care of Barney.   I don't know how or where he came from but he was sure welcome here.   A beautiful blessing. 

He's also  the one cat who used to "steal'' Charlie's lunch or at least tear the bag open and help himself to lunch.   It got to be a game of one ups-man-ship.  Charlie would make his lunch in the morning, then go shave and get dressed    That gave Blizzard plenty of time to get to the lunch.  Charlie tried putting it in different places, but Blizzard would find it and try to haul it off, like under the kitchen table, into the other room.  It was really funny for the rest of us but frustrating for Charlie.   Fun to look back on those memories.   Blizzard vs Charlie = lots of grins!! 😻🥰😺💖

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

hello all

had my doctor appoint with new doctor today.it is a heart doctor. it was really a check requested from my family doctor to see he is on right path of treating me. the new doctor is nice, all he did was really semi confirm what that lady said at the testing facility had done 24th december. I may have raynaud disease OR small pieces of  plaque is breaking off somewhere and traveling to my hands this is where theproblem is happening now.. dr. raven said it may be but yet may not be that. he is is telling my family doctor to increase my medication OR go to another form of medication that is a cousin to what I am on now, both have been around for quite some time. i see my family doctor 22 jan. see what he has to say now.

my computer went wonky zonky again today. dh called apple to see what is going on. of course when apple got on computer was being good no problem. dh did see the problems i was having so he knew i was not going bonkers. she helped clear some files hope that helps.

getting colder outside,

not much else, see all tomorrow guys

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Puddles @lulutoby @Sweet Caroline 1 @mousiegirl @CherryHugs 

good morning!

Yesterday, another large wardrobe box was emptied by me and today is another one! 
"Closet Reform"

5C0AFD48-9321-4D4B-A059-EED3D9806797.jpeg

@LTT1,  And all,  These are beautiful words to live by .  I would love to borrow this to post on the positive thoughts thread.  

Sounds like you're staying busy and getting organized.  Don't give away anything I want  Smiley Happy.  I think about you often,  Love you, SC Heart

Honored Contributor

@Sassy7356 wrote:

@Sweet Caroline 1 wrote:

3-Ingredient SNOW Ice Cream Made with Real Snow - Happy Hooligans

@Sweet Caroline 1 What a memory.  My parents use to make snow ice cream.  There was a special bucket to make it in with a handle on top that you would turn and turn.  I loved it.

@Sassy7356    Mama would go outside with a large bowl and spoon and carefully find clean snow.  Then take it inside and add milk vanilla and sugar and stirr.  Yes!  Nothing else tastes like it and is a precious memory.  Smiley Happy Heart

Honored Contributor

@Sassy7356 wrote:

Image may contain: dog and indoor

Gracie says "Good Morning" - I'm ready for my morning walk.  

Another cloudy and foggy day here in MN.  We have fog ice and temps are to remain in the 20s. Tomorrow marks one month since our move.  I am thinking about how I want to rearrange the kitchen and pantry.  Unpacking was getting things out of boxes.  Now, I have to move things around to make more sense to me.  I may start doing that today.

Hope you all have a beautiful day.  Smiles Smiley Happy

@Sassy7356,   Gracie is so precious i just want to scoop her up in my arms and hold her forever.  Like a teddy bear!  Sending kisses for her sweet face, please deliver Smiley Happy.  Enjoy your new home doins.  Love you, SC Heart

Honored Contributor

@Sassy7356 wrote:

Image may contain: text that says 'I'm cold, give me a cat! ar'

LOVE!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Puddles wrote:

Image may contain: flower

@Puddles , 

coracaozinho.gif

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

@possummink wrote:

@1Snickers wrote:

@CherryHugs 

@CherryHugs wrote:

132093114_3611253722288675_3351007927250311024_n.jpg

This reminds my of the cat I got one Christmas named Mittens. She had blue eyes, but was deaf. 
         That same year my grandmother made stuffed animals and a story she told each night about them. One animal was Alice the dignified cat. THIS cat could be dignified Alice! This cat has an attitude I'm certain!         

@1Snickers 

Krypto,   I had a rescue, Blizzard, who was a big beautiful snow white cat with the bluest eyes you could imagine.  He was deaf in his later years.  He 'mothered' my Barney(baby kitten abandoned in my barn) when I brought Barney inside.  He guarded that kitten even chasing my big Doberman, Ace, away from Barney.  All Ace wanted to do was pick Barney up in his mouth and carry him around.   It was amazing to watch how Blizzard, a male, took such good and loving care of Barney.   I don't know how or where he came from but he was sure welcome here.   A beautiful blessing. 

He's also  the one cat who used to "steal'' Charlie's lunch or at least tear the bag open and help himself to lunch.   It got to be a game of one ups-man-ship.  Charlie would make his lunch in the morning, then go shave and get dressed    That gave Blizzard plenty of time to get to the lunch.  Charlie tried putting it in different places, but Blizzard would find it and try to haul it off, like under the kitchen table, into the other room.  It was really funny for the rest of us but frustrating for Charlie.   Fun to look back on those memories.   Blizzard vs Charlie = lots of grins!! 😻🥰😺💖

@possummink , 

Reading about your Blizzard kitty sounds like Grandpa Mason. I followed him on facebook, and he took care of the kittens at Tiny Kittens. It was fascinating to watch him. 

Love the story of him stealing Charlie's lunches. I worked with someone who said her male cat stole all the socks, and straws from family members. He put them in the shower. Cat LOL

I hope you get your current cat problems resolved soon. We have decided that Amore will be our last pet as we want to travel some when we can. 

@Tissyanne 

Tissyanne,   I hope you are feeling and doing really well.   

I loved Grandpa Mason as I followed him too.   Love hearing about their cats, rescues and all.   I also follow and donate to Fox Fosters on FB and a few others there too.   Love seeing their successes and tear up when they have failures, which there have been several of lately..  Poor little babies.  

Give Amore some pets and hugs for me.  Take good care and be safe and well. 

Honored Contributor

@Sassy7356 wrote:

Image may contain: dog and indoor

Gracie says "Good Morning" - I'm ready for my morning walk.  

Another cloudy and foggy day here in MN.  We have fog ice and temps are to remain in the 20s. Tomorrow marks one month since our move.  I am thinking about how I want to rearrange the kitchen and pantry.  Unpacking was getting things out of boxes.  Now, I have to move things around to make more sense to me.  I may start doing that today.

Hope you all have a beautiful day.  Smiles Smiley Happy

@Sassy7356 , 

Gracie looks sooooo sweet. She is ready for sure. Thank you for sharing her picture. 

super-cute-bunny-waving-smiley-emoticon.gif