Honored Contributor

Re: WHO ELSE IS AWAKE THIS EARLY?

@KathyM23 wrote:

@Shanus   Well I was also awake at 4 a.m., but it was because I did not go to bed until 3:45 a.m., so I was on my way to sleepy town by 4 a.m. and sound asleep shortly after.  Got up at 10 a.m.,  Those darn telephone scam artists called and woke me. Darn them!  I would probably have slept until around Noon.

@KathyM23   Hate those prank calls too. I have my phone ringer off during the night. Whoever needs me can leave voicemails. House phone is set not to ring between 11PM and 7AM and I turn the cell ringer back on when I wake up. 

Honored Contributor

Until a few months ago for over a decade I got up 7 days a week at 3:30 a.m. and usually the alarm was not needed.  I now set if for 4:30 since I am in my late 50's and do not work out as long prior to going to work.  This morning I was up a 4:08 and got my day started.  Week-ends are the same time still as the week days.  I head to bed about 10:15 and drop off like a rock.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

i am up by 430am daily. get chores done and my daily walk in by 9am. I don't like laying around. get everything done then you can rest.

Honored Contributor

4:30 cruelty  caused me to awake this am.  I was the only one.  Dh and Shadow were asleep.  I laid there for a while and willed myself to go to sleep,  So much for will.  An hour before the alarm, I got up and couldn't afford it!Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

An ipad would have awoken DH.  I don't want to deal with that.  Who does?

Much prefer cohesiveness.

Respected Contributor

I notice changes in my waking times since I am in my 50's now....lately I have been waking up at 4-4:30am....too early....I try to keep bedtime regular at 11pm...if I go to bed earlier then I'd be up earlier!  I get up and take my thyroid medication...use the potty...and then go back to bed to hopefully fall back asleep for a hour or just wait comfy and warm for 30mins or so...then I can have morning cup of coffee.  Getting up and not being able to have coffee is miserable for me....so I cuddle in bed and wait.

I watch a little news....local and Fox....check Q out but usually don't watch as Dan is on almost every morning around that time.  I may watch old Hart to Hart on Hallmark channel...whatever I feel like.

I am wondering if this is a age related thing?  Also habits?  I am too tired to stay up until midnight....and I don't want to be sleeping until 9 or 10am....I would feel like most of my day is totally behind and off!  

Honored Contributor

One night DH (kind soul) & I set our clocks for 3:30 & stayed up to see if something/anything was going on outside like trash pick up, neighbor leaving early for work maybe around 4AM or inside, noises, temp changes on thermostat, etc. Absolutely nothing different going on to wake me up between 3:45-4:30 almost every morning.

Guess I just have to accept it, but it stinks!!