Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT WOULD WE BE SURPRISED TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?

My dh and I are small business owners. My dh started his side business 42 years ago and its still going strong today. Now that we both are retired, we are able to devote much more time tweaking our business and were able to broaden our inventory per our customers requests. With todays flourishing economy, we've had our very best year yet! Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

You could not possibly know from this forum how ravishingly beautiful I am.  Woman Very Happy  Woman Embarassed Woman Wink

You are beautiful inside of that I am certain after all of 6hese years posting with you.

@dex You are too kind!  You made my day, week, month!  

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

My dh and I are small business owners. My dh started his side business 42 years ago and its still going strong today. Now that we both are retired, we are able to devote much more time tweaking our business and were able to broaden our inventory per our customers requests. With todays flourishing economy, we've had our very best year yet! Woman Happy

@ID2 That's wonderful!  You are an inspiration for younger folks to show them what can be accomplished with hard work and persistence!

Honored Contributor

Im a loner also, prefer my own company.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

While I am far from being an introvert now, I was exactly that until the age of 16. What changed me from being one? I think the primary reason was going from "the fat kid", to a normal weight teen. 

I also, for some strange reason, when I joined a group, almost always seemed to end up leading it via the voting route of those groups. An introvert leading groups? Doesn't make much sense to me either.  

After time I became an extrovert when around people, even those I did not know and never met. I really enjoy talking with people and even leading when I have the knowledge and experience. I do not like being a "speaker" where everyone present is focused on only listening to me talk. I have turned down many "invites", for that very reason.

I have also have had many good friends say I also would make a good "monk". While I enjoy people, there are times(weeks or months) where I would rather be alone with our furry kids. Not sure this falls into the surprise category, right now that is the only thing that comes to mind. 

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut   I never have and most likely never will like being the center of attention: public speaking, singled out in a group, etc. So I get it. Interesting story. Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

What the heck happened to my "4" print size default? Now have to choose it each time. Sorry for the eye strain....

Esteemed Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

@ID2 Good for you.  My husband and I own two small businesses and it is a struggle to keep them both going.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

I'm so opposite of what I was as a teen.  I was a social butterfly.  I loved to plan stuff and being popular. Early years of working I was a "Lead" at a few jobs.

Now I'm a loner. Content to be at home.  At work I just like to do my best and "keep my head down"  I don't want to partipate with anything other than my actual job description. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

What the heck happened to my "4" print size default? Now have to choose it each time. Sorry for the eye strain....

@Shanus 

I find no way to set a "default" for text size or color. Have to choose both with everything I post. Used to be able to set one for both, but I do not see any way to set either when using my computer or tablet.

ETA:  I went to "settings" and my font size is set to "XL", but if I don't change it with each post? If comes out, I think, a 3. I prefer a 4 for mine.

ETA 2: This is a 5. I have no clue how my above, in black, shrunk!

hckynut

hckynut(john)