Honored Contributor

WHAT WOULD WE BE SURPRISED TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?

Although I can "fake" being social with my clients, DH's conferences, cocktail parties w/ small talk, I'm actually quite shy and introverted. I prefer to not be in a crowd of people I don't know and have to make small talk. In fact, I'd go so far as to say I avoid it when possible. 

I've become so good at being "outgoing", people are shocked when they really get to know the real me. 

Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT WOULD WE BE SURPRISED TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?

I am very outgoing too so people would be surprised to know that I am actually a loner.I prefer to be alone most of the time.

Valued Contributor

@Shanus , I couldn't have said it better. I am exactly the same way.  People are shocked to find out I'm shy.  I dread parties ages ahead of time but somehow seem outgoing. I'm thrilled when the event is over.

Esteemed Contributor

New term in personality world - Ambivert. Somewhere between extro and intro. Estimated 40% who didn't fit into traditional slots can embrace Ambivert term. You can live in extro world -- but you recharge like an introvert. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

I am very outgoing too so people would be surprised to know that I am actually a loner.I prefer to be alone most of the time.

@dex wrote:

Gosh, you've just described me to a "T"!

Honored Contributor

You could not possibly know from this forum how ravishingly beautiful I am.  Woman Very Happy  Woman Embarassed Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

You could not possibly know from this forum how ravishingly beautiful I am.  Woman Very Happy  Woman Embarassed Woman Wink

You are beautiful inside of that I am certain after all of 6hese years posting with you.

Honored Contributor

I am a mean nasty horrible old coot before I've had my first coffee in the morning. Like don't poke the bear. DH gets up earlier than me and quietly leaves a cup of coffee on my nightstand each morning -- as a public service.

And when the coffee K Cup supply gets low, I get nervous. I am a serious tyrant when it comes to coffee. Oh and I drink it through a straw (from the side of my mouth now to avoid making purse wrinkles, which looks silly as heck) because I detest lip balm or lipstick marks on my cups. And I sometimes blow bubbles in my coffee (at home only) to aerate it -- partly because I got yelled at about it as a child and no one can tell me not to anymore.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

I am a mean nasty horrible old coot before I've had my first coffee in the morning. Like don't poke the bear. DH gets up earlier than me and quietly leaves a cup of coffee on my nightstand each morning -- as a public service.

And when the coffee K Cup supply gets low, I get nervous. I am a serious tyrant when it comes to coffee. Oh and I drink it through a straw (from the side of my mouth now to avoid making purse wrinkles, which looks silly as heck) because I detest lip balm or lipstick marks on my cups. And I sometimes blow bubbles in my coffee (at home only) to aerate it -- partly because I got yelled at about it as a child and no one can tell me not to anymore.

@Porcelain   lol 😂 

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

You are too funny.I need to try aerating my coffee one of these days and see if that makes a latte.