Trusted Contributor

Re: WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE NO INSURANCE?? ?

@shoppinggirl12 Bless your heart as if you don't have enough on your plate. I just finished reading about your hospital trip, here is a ph # that may be able to help, it's for NAMI 800 844 0381, hopefully, they can advise you due to the nature of your son being hospitalized. I will keep you & your son in my prayers. Heart GOD bless & please do your very best to take care of yourself. Been where you are, it will get better!

Honored Contributor

@Laura15
What great information and thank you for explaining it so well!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@shoppinggirl12

We made use of Obamacare when I was between teacher retirement and Medicare.

Since insurance changes so drastically each year, my information may not still be viable.

In the case of a friend, who has her own business, this is what happened: her DH was in a bad auto-accident.

They had no insurance because it was cost-prohibitive.

While her DH was in the hospital, someone came into the room and offered to sign their family up for insurance through the marketplace.

The marketplace is the site you go to in order to sign up for Obamacare. In our case, the premiums we paid were based on my total yearly income (which meant low because I had retired - no income.)

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
QVC Customer Care

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

My son had a different experience in Pennsylvania. He had a psychotic episode from some medicine. He is in his 40s and had no job. We called the paramedics and he was admitted to the psych floor. The social worker called me even though it was 1 AM and immediatly began the process of getting him Medicaid. He was accepted and his bills were covered and he had medical and dental coverage. His episode was not considered a disability because it was a reaction to something. It cleared his system in two days and he was released. I think the best thing to do is contact social workers at a hospital to find out how Medicaid works in your state.

Trusted Contributor

@Tabbycat wrote:

I'm going to be 63 soon. I would say most are feeling the pain.

I sure hope this is a wake-up for everyone to go vote for candidates who truely care about the people in this country!!

@Tabbycat THANK YOU, I agree with you 100%!!!