Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE T'GIVING SIDE DISH?

Dressing and Sweet Potatoes!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Mashed Potatoes and Noodles.  While it may not be traditional, it is for this Hoosier family (and many other Hoosiers as well).

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

You won't believe this, but both of us LOVE Stovetop Sage Dressing.  Been using it for 40 years, no homemade stuff for us.

Esteemed Contributor

Guess I have never separated foods on my plate, or considered what's a "main/side or dessert". The way I have eaten since the mid '70's called grazing, is still the way I consider foods, every day, including Holidays.

With most of my immediate family gone and my wife with only 1 brother, there have been no big Holiday get togethers for a few decades now. And the recent Thanksgiving my wife was off Pet Sitting, but home or away would not change the way/what, and when I eat.

Now when I used to eat out when traveling the Midwest Auto Racing? Dining came in shifts for lunches and a dinner. Bread/Bread Sticks with butter. A salad or other choice, and then whatever I ordered coming last.

A lot of my fellow racers would say to me "don't want to get to full on this, I won't have room for my meal", which was usually a steak of some kind. My usual comment was: "Why not just eat the salad and a few slices of bread or sticks, and call it a meal"?

Usually got strange looks are "are you nuts"? 

A look into my way of eating for a long time now, Holiday or any other day.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

It’s a tie between stuffing and corn casserole. The mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, carrots, rolls and butter, cranberry sauce (jellied), and gravy are all a close second though.