Trusted Contributor

Re: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE T'GIVING SIDE DISH?

@Shanus wrote:

@Queen of shop wrote:

@Shanus  The turkey filling that has been tradition in my family from before I was even born. lol. One of my dad's sisters was an excellent cook.

Second favorite is homemade whole cranberries with fresh oranges. Yummy. Just hand me a spoon and I can eat the whole bowl.Woman LOL

@Queen of shop   I'm a sucker for the canned jellied cranberry sauce. My Mom was not a very good cook....we all did what we could to keep her butt out of the kitchen, cook what we could and bring in the rest. Lol

@Shanus  My mom wasn't the best cook either. We always had the canned cranberry also. It was when I was growing up, going to college and then working that I was told about these different recipes and foods. I would make them. Mom and dad loved all the new foods. They were open to anything and I think mom liked the idea that she didn't have to cook it. Ha!Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

Fleming's Steakhouse Chipotle Cheddar Mac and Cheese.........we found the recipe and it is TDF.

Honored Contributor

@Queen of shop wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Queen of shop wrote:

@Shanus  The turkey filling that has been tradition in my family from before I was even born. lol. One of my dad's sisters was an excellent cook.

Second favorite is homemade whole cranberries with fresh oranges. Yummy. Just hand me a spoon and I can eat the whole bowl.Woman LOL

@Queen of shop   I'm a sucker for the canned jellied cranberry sauce. My Mom was not a very good cook....we all did what we could to keep her butt out of the kitchen, cook what we could and bring in the rest. Lol

@Shanus  My mom wasn't the best cook either. We always had the canned cranberry also. It was when I was growing up, going to college and then working that I was told about these different recipes and foods. I would make them. Mom and dad loved all the new foods. They were open to anything and I think mom liked the idea that she didn't have to cook it. Ha!Woman Wink

@Queen of shop   Same here. I learned to cook at an early age in self defense. 🤣

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:
Fleming's Steakhouse Chipotle Cheddar Mac and Cheese.........we found the recipe and it is TDF.

@Hoovermom   I've never had that. When we've been to Fleming's, the creamed spinach and other sides always won the toss. Next time!!

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@Hoovermom   I've never had that. When we've been to Fleming's, the creamed spinach and other sides always won the toss. Next time!!

@Shanus :  Yes, the creamed spinach is also awesome along with their scalloped potatoes.  We even found that recipe and it turned out great.  Everything they serve is great.  Love Fleming's.

Honored Contributor

The first thing on my plate is usually mashed potatoes and gravy, but I'm not making them this year.  

I am known to eat leftover mashed potatoes and gravy for breakfast.

Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

The first thing on my plate is usually mashed potatoes and gravy, but I'm not making them this year.  

I am known to eat leftover mashed potatoes and gravy for breakfast.

@RedTop  Totally with you! I make myself a plate with whatever fillings are left and mashed potatoes and pour gravy all over it, and my breakfast is served!

Trusted Contributor

Most definitely mashed potatoes made with cream cheese and lots of gravy!!!

Regular Contributor

The beautiful browned skin of the Turkey and the Juicy Turkey thigh! Topped with homemade cranberry sauce. BTW
My cranberry’s did not pop this year very good.
Respected Contributor

My homemade stuffing with sausage, sautéed veggies, real bread cubes and home grown fresh herbs from the garden- Just the BEST!  Just made it fresh today- 💕💕👏🏼