Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE T'GIVING SIDE DISH?

@On It wrote:

Cornbread dressing made from scratch.

Yep, that is mine too.

Respected Contributor

Green bean casserole with extra crispy onions.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom   My grandchildren call me Mom Mom. Don't know how it got started with the older one, but the younger one followed suit. 

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I make a salad with just steamed broccoli and cherry tomatoes and dressing. I love it.

I like sweet potatoes/yam casserole too, but we have them often, so they are not special.  No marshmallows tho.  I use oatmeal, brown sugar, butter and pecans.  Never tried pinapple....that sounds good.

@Carmie   Oooh, you make your casserole like a cobbler/brown betty, etc. sounds yummy.

Honored Contributor

@Eileen in Virginia wrote:

Green bean casserole with extra crispy onions.

@Eileen in Virginia   The old-fashioned mushroom soup and fried onion one has been on our table every year. Love it. Tried to make fresh steamed or grilled veggies...always leftover.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lynnie61 wrote:

My sisters cranberry orange relish.  Yum.   Get it once a year. 

Close second is sweet potato casserole.  No marshmallows, usually a pecan topping.  

@Shanus.  Never tried adding pineapple.  Can you share the recipe please?

@lynnie61   I don't have a recipe, but I'll share ingredients and you add how much of each you like:

Canned yams mashed

Can of crushed pineapple

Choice of brown sugar or maple syrup

Cinnamon

Bake at 325-350 until hot and then top with marshmallows.

Back in oven a few minutes until they melt and brown. ***My Mom added pecans which was good, too.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Honored Contributor

My SO's mother's baked corn casserole with butter sauce.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus  The turkey filling that has been tradition in my family from before I was even born. lol. One of my dad's sisters was an excellent cook.

Second favorite is homemade whole cranberries with fresh oranges. Yummy. Just hand me a spoon and I can eat the whole bowl.Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Queen of shop wrote:

@Shanus  The turkey filling that has been tradition in my family from before I was even born. lol. One of my dad's sisters was an excellent cook.

Second favorite is homemade whole cranberries with fresh oranges. Yummy. Just hand me a spoon and I can eat the whole bowl.Woman LOL

@Queen of shop   I'm a sucker for the canned jellied cranberry sauce. My Mom was not a very good cook....we all did what we could to keep her butt out of the kitchen, cook what we could and bring in the rest. Lol

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Mine is old fashioned yam casserole w/ marshmellows. I add pecans, brown sugar (or maple syrup), pineapple chunks and mash it up and bake w/ the gooey marshmallows on top.

What's the one you go for first?

@Shanus    That sweet potato casserole is more like dessert than a side dish.  Love it but it is rich and sweet. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment