Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE BREAKFAST?

@Evie2004 wrote:

1st breakfast—- blueberry BelVita cookies, coffee w/Splenda..

then 2nd breakfast, husband loves to cook breakfast meat..bacon, sausage with English muffin with butter & jelly, more coffee, then usually skip lunch! Yum, getting hungry! 

@Evie2004  I also prefer breakfast foods for any meal...omelette for dinner, etc.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Currently it's lots of coffee and somewhere in there I have a single slice of seeded rye toast, plain (made in the new blue toaster).  Sometimes I add to that a bit of plain shredded wheat and bran.

When I was working, the best I found for energy was a tuna sandwich, eaten on the way to work or right after I got there.

If I possessed super human powers and could have anything I wanted with no consequence, I'd love to have pancakes cooked in bacon or sausage grease, and served with said bacon or sausage. Fresh OJ.

@Sweetbay magnolia. Definitely Southern to cook in bacon grease. When I was little, Mom kept a jar of the drippings next to the stove to cook in, put on veggies, etc....tasted great, but healthy, eh?

My mom was the only person I knew who collected drippings in a jar and threw them out!  LOL!!  She was ahead of her time.  I was horrified when I saw a friend add bacon grease to a pan of green beans.  She was horrified that we didn't do that!  Goes to show, something for everybody. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am not Southern by breeding, but some things about the South are immutable.  @Shanus

The bacon and sausage grease is tasty in all of its salty glory!

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

My usual is a toasted slice of Ezekial, on top a half an avocado, a sliced Roma tomato and topped with heaping spoonful of chia seeds.

Or I have *Overnite* oatmeal, which is rolled oats, coconut milk, frozen strawberries, pecans, and chia seeds.  I make it the night before and sprinkle some granola on it.

I have one cup of coffee and that's usually before I eat breakfast.

And as always, everything is organic---or I won't eat!

Esteemed Contributor

I have old fashioned oatmeal with almond milk and blueberries just about every morning. I cook the oatmeal in the micro. Sometimes I have Eggbeaters with  Morningstar veggie bacon.  I like that for dinner,too. DH isn't much for eating breakfast.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Super Contributor

I usually have fat free cottage cheese with strawberries, blueberries and walnuts sprinkled with a bit of cinnamon Splenda. Or, I’ll have a half of a homemade muffin. And always with one cup of black coffee - in which I have dissolved one medical marijuana lozenge.  

Hugs . . .

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!
Esteemed Contributor

Scrambled eggs

Hash Browns

CRISPY Bacon

Whole Wheat Toast, lightly buttered

Of course, I rarely get that for breakfast unless I'm eating out (whiich is rare).  At home, either have a half of blueberry bagel w/ cream cheese, a piece of fruit or a granola bar.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Trusted Contributor

I really can't remember the last time I had pancakes, I was just imagining all that deliciousness in my mind.  Actually I have a fiber one bar every morning.

Honored Contributor

I could not choke down food after sleeping all night, I just drink a couple of mugs of this great organic coffee my husband makes. I usually don't eat until 2 pm and then it's a smoothie with oats, flax seed and a banana. I do like breakfast food, but not for breakfast. I like SOS with home fries or a big home made cinnamon roll with cream cheese frosting. I'm not a big eater so I only eat what I really like, I love to cook, so I can make just about anything that sounds good to me.

Honored Contributor

Two eggs, over medium, with fried potatoes and rye toast.  Of course, that includes black coffee.

As a treat I love a waffle topped with strawberries and whipped cream with pure maple syrup.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~