Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE BREAKFAST?

I make Irish oatmeal and put apples or bananas in it. Also like sunny side eggs and rye toast.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I love oatmeal...the good old-fashion kind that you have to cook. No microwave oatmeal for me. If not that, 2 poached eggs and whole wheat toast straight up. In both cases, a strong cup of coffee w/ fat free 1/2 & 1/2 & Splenda...and a  second cup most of the time.

What do you enjoy for breakfast when you wake up?

@Shanus

I'm with you on the old fashioned cooked oats!  Especially if I'm home and it's cold, love me a big bowl of these!!!  At times I will add a few berries or a bit of maple syrup. Every time I have this, it invokes memories of when I was very young, and the weather was nasty and mom would make us a big bowl of this stuff!  I smile and feel like I'm getting a warm hug from my dear mother!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I love oatmeal...the good old-fashion kind that you have to cook. No microwave oatmeal for me. If not that, 2 poached eggs and whole wheat toast straight up. In both cases, a strong cup of coffee w/ fat free 1/2 & 1/2 & Splenda...and a  second cup most of the time.

What do you enjoy for breakfast when you wake up?

@Shanus

I'm with you on the old fashioned cooked oats!  Especially if I'm home and it's cold, love me a big bowl of these!!!  At times I will add a few berries or a bit of maple syrup. Every time I have this, it invokes memories of when I was very young, and the weather was nasty and mom would make us a big bowl of this stuff!  I smile and feel like I'm getting a warm hug from my dear mother!!! 

@AngelPuppy1  Good memories of childhood here, too. Mom was a late sleeper, so Dad was up early and the breakfast short order chef.

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

I thought of another one.  I guess I forgot about this one because I only get it once or twice a year.  It is a Cracker Barrel breakfast.  One pecan pancake with maple syrup, potato casserole, scrambled eggs, and bacon.

@jubilant. I love breakfast out. Not just because I pig out, but someone else cooks and cleans up all the pots and pans.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@dulwich wrote:

When I am at home in London the 'full English breakfast' yum - here in CA toasted Ezekiel sprouted bread with either bacon or fried egg or Granola cereal with non fat milk and fresh fruit and of course a cuppa tea!

Good morning @dulwich. When we visited London, the cafes served an American breakfast..eggs, bacon or sausage, toast, sliced tomatoes, orange juice and coffee. The tomatoes were surprising, but must be tradition.

@Shanus

My mother would often slice up tomatoes on her breakfast plates -- and she was Italian. Woman LOL

One of my favorite breakfasts was the one mom would throw together: A chunk of Italian or French bread covered with buttery fried eggs.

Years ago Better-half and I were in Boston and a little restaurant we wandered into served that, too.  I was beside myself.  I thought it was a sign that I needed to move there.

Gee, speaking of mom...

She would take leftover asparagus and scramble eggs, then toss that concoction on a chunk of sturdy bread.  Same thing with leftover Italian sausage and peppers.  Scramble up some eggs and toss it on that bread.

Thanks, ma!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

My daily breakfast:

Black coffee & levothyroxine.

@x Hedge  Synthroid? I take that, too. Don’t you love keeping up w/ those long, scientific names that Medicare slapped on the labels?

Respected Contributor

Bacon and Eggs, Biscuits & Gravy from Mc donald's. Occasioally on both.And Oatmeal . Mine !!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus  A strong cup of coffee (I use Starbucks Verona), a little liquid Coffeemate and a Nutri-Grain bar.  Sometimes toast and one egg scrambled.  I also like one egg on toast.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@speedy girl wrote:

Same thing everyday, toast and coffee. But if I could eat whatever I wanted it would be old fashioned oatmeal with brown sugar and cream!! 

@speedy girl  We recently bought some sprouted oats and they are so good!  If you see some try them!

Honored Contributor

I love waffles with Jimmy Dean Sausage

I also love french toast with spam.