Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE BREAKFAST?

[ Edited ]

I prefer a bagel and hard boiled egg or vanilla premier protein shake blended with frozen banana or frozen strawberries. No coffee for me. Earl grey tea with lemon....

Valued Contributor

1st breakfast—- blueberry BelVita cookies, coffee w/Splenda..

then 2nd breakfast, husband loves to cook breakfast meat..bacon, sausage with English muffin with butter & jelly, more coffee, then usually skip lunch! Yum, getting hungry! 

Valued Contributor

@jannabelle1 we are going to our Original pancake house tomorrow am..I always get the cinnamon French toast, husband gets cherry crepes, & we share order of bacon..always so good! 

Honored Contributor

My breakfast has always caused eye rolls, especially since nutrition was in my area.

Not liking breakfast foods except for a very rare sausage biscuit, I love chocolate Instant Breakfast.  It's cool, light, and slightly sweet.  I never feel like I have a weight or sick after I eat it.

Respected Contributor

Eggs Benedict - however I don't make it, so it's just a distant memory,,,Woman LOL

Denise
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Oat Groats 

-on a bed of mixed greens

-with flax/chia

-blueberries/strawberries

-fresh ground ginger/turmeric homemade tea

@sidsmom  Oat groats? 

@Shanus

It’s the whole kernel.

I pulled this image off Google. See how they’re chunky? 

From whole to most processed, I would rank:

-Groats

-Steel-cut

-Old-fashion

-Quick cooking

I soak overnight & cook in Instant Pot. Look for them in a bulk section.

Little goes a long way!

DF3174C3-A550-4132-9373-AE1690460F0F.jpeg

Thanks @sidsmom. It’s on my shopping list. What can be bad? No Instant Pot here, but there must be directions to cook it another way. Excited to try it. Looks delicious and healthy. 

Honored Contributor

@hayseed00 wrote:

Pancakes with a big scoop of butter melting on them and then some maple syrup to top them off!!!  And as long as I'm blowing my daily intake of calories I might as well add a few links of breakfast sausage and a glass of cool Orange juice. 

@hayseed00  I’ve done pancakes or French Toast after a hard workout or long run. I’m not a sweets person and neither tastes great w/o the syrup. I put just a tiny bit. The breakfast diner near the gym has sugar free syrup, but that tastes sweeter to me than the real deal. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Waffle crispy with a tiny bit of butter and a tiny bit of maple syrup, a soft boiled egg and a slice of bacon or a small sausage patty.   I also love grits and a slice of bacon.  NO coffee.

@Sooner  Another vote for grits. When we went to VA to visit the Kids, somewhere across the state line, breakfast began coming w/ hash browns instead. Always thought that was funny.

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Currently it's lots of coffee and somewhere in there I have a single slice of seeded rye toast, plain (made in the new blue toaster).  Sometimes I add to that a bit of plain shredded wheat and bran.

When I was working, the best I found for energy was a tuna sandwich, eaten on the way to work or right after I got there.

If I possessed super human powers and could have anything I wanted with no consequence, I'd love to have pancakes cooked in bacon or sausage grease, and served with said bacon or sausage. Fresh OJ.

@Sweetbay magnolia. Definitely Southern to cook in bacon grease. When I was little, Mom kept a jar of the drippings next to the stove to cook in, put on veggies, etc....tasted great, but healthy, eh?

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

Sourdough avocado toast with an over easy egg. 

I limit myself to about twice a week for this. The rest of the time I have a whole grain cereal with blueberries.

I also love the sous vide eggs at Starbucks. 

@Ms tyrion2 Hmm. Haven’t noticed eggs at Starbucks. Will check next time. Think they’ve started their “pumpkin everything” until after Thanksgiving.