Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHAT’S YOUR ALL TIME FAVORITE MOVIE & WHY?

I don't know if it is my "all time favorite" but I can't resist watching Desk Set (Tracy & Hepburn, 1957) over and over again.  It makes me smile.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

Wuthering Heights

w/ L. Olivier and Merle Oberon

tugs at the heart.....

Honored Contributor

I can't choose just one.  Here are a few movies I love:

I'll Cry Tomorrow - the story of Lillian Roth, a Broadway star who becomes an alcoholic.  Susan Hayward portrayed Lillian in the leading role.  I loved her in every movie she played in; she was a terrific actress.  I need a box of kleenex every time I watch the movie.

The Wizard of Oz - loved the movie and Dorothy, the Tin Man, the Scarecrow, the Cowardly Lion, and the munchkins.  And I have a cairn terrier (Toto) dog.   Smiley Happy

Sound of Music - I love all musicals and this is no exception.  I've seen it countless times.  Julie Andrews, Christopher Plummer, and all the kids did some fabulous acting in it.  I love all the musical numbers in the piece.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

”Somewhere in Time” is still my favorite movie. Besides the story being romantic, the setting and scenery is beautiful. The music...well, still moves me to tears.

Have you been to the Grand Hotel in Upper MI yet?  Ya gotta go!!   Summer's best. Woman LOL

@qualitygal  Unfortunately no, but my friend took her daughters and said it was magical.

Honored Contributor

@StylishLady wrote:

Thanks for reminding me of "Somewhere in Time". Great story and cast. No gratuitous "adult" themes, profanity, or other tripe that film makers today seem obsessed with. Have not seen this movie on TV in quite some time. Wonder why.

@StylishLady  Have you checked Netflix?

Honored Contributor

Wallstreet from the 80's.   Love the talented cast.  I've watched that movie many times.

Honored Contributor

Difficult to pick just one...How about a few categories? 

Suspense: Rear Window with Grace Kelly & Jimmy Stewart - Great dialogue & cinematography 

Musical: Sound of Music - Love the songs

Comedy: Princess Bride - Makes me laugh every time; Love “As you wish” ending with Grandpa

Respected Contributor

Being from Atlanta, there's no way I could not love Gone With the Wind.  I was five when it premiered, and Dad took me to see the parade and the movie (later).  Sitting on his shoulders I could see everythig and everyone. And even Clark Gable wasn't as handsome as my Dad. The actresses were gorgeous and Leslie Howard was very handsome.

There's no movie I enjoy more than An Affair to Remember. I still am in love with the Grandmother - such a special lady played the part, and I always wished she had been my Grandmother.

I have a copy of Somewhere in Time, sent to me just recently by a daughter of my high school sweetheart. We went our separate ways and he died very young. But I've remained close to his two daughters. One sent me the movie because she says there is a parallel.  I haven't watched it yet but will soon.

Trusted Contributor

It's a toss up between Gone With The Wind and Casablanca. Or maybe Steel Magnolias, or Same Time Next Year,or The Color Purple or Stepmom. Really hard to choose.

Honored Contributor

There's so many but perhaps it's....."Die Hard".  The first one.

I loved it so much my late husband bought it for me for Christmas one year.

Also tied is John Wick...one is my favorite but I also like John Wick 2....I like movies mostly males like.

I also like some War movies or movies about soldiers...