Contributor

Re: WHAT’S YOUR ALL TIME FAVORITE MOVIE & WHY?

I have a lot of favorite movies, but here are a few that stick with me and/or I will always watch.

The Quiet Man - I love John Wayne & Maureen O'Hara in this one. Love the green of Ireland where it was filmed. And, it had the right amount of humor. A must watch around St. Patrick's Day.

Psycho - The shower scene still gets me every time. 

The Birds - Best scene is where she smokes the cigarette in front of the playground equipment. To this day, I can't see a tree or anyplace with a bunch of birds without thinking about that movie.

Hoosiers - I'm from Indiana & love basketball. Love the basketball scenes in the movie. If I recall correclty, the last shot sequence was shot in one take. 

--Jeri

Honored Contributor

Don’t laugh, but like my nickname here, my favorite movie is Gidget Goes Hawaiian. It came out at the right age for me. I just love the innocence and fun of it all. 

A close second is Barefoot in the Park. Fantastic movie. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I have to go with GWTW, too.  My mother took me to see it when it was re-released on the big screen in the late 60s.  I later read the book (more than once).

I love the story, the characters, the acting, cinematography.  I love watching behind the scenes stuff that explains how they filmed some of the scenes like the dancing and painted the film to make things look grander.

It's just an amazing piece of art.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Regular Contributor

One is "Titanic". I loved the costumes, story, it was romantic & tragic all in one. Loved all the actors also.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

”Somewhere in Time” is still my favorite movie. Besides the story being romantic, the setting and scenery is beautiful. The music...well, still moves me to tears.

That was a stunning movie!  I've only seen it a handful of times because it doesn't come around, or at least to my attention, very often.

I kind of have a handful of favorites, none really above the other.  

Top three, probably - Shawshank Redemption, Silkwood, and Papillon.  

I also thought that Sophie's Choice was a brilliant film and so very, very well done by the main actors.

One favorite comedy of mine is 'In and Out' with Kevin Kline, Tom Selleck, a little bit of great Debbie Reynolds playing the main character's mother, and some more I cannot remember right now.  Hilarious movie and I loved the part where Kevin Kline's character is playing that tape.   Makes me smile just thinking about it.

Valued Contributor

"Silence of the Lambs".  I love Anthony in everything.

Respected Contributor

The Grapes of Wrath.

Total honesty from beginning to end.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lapdog wrote:

"Silence of the Lambs".  I love Anthony in everything.

@Lapdog

Have you seen The Lion in Winter (1968)?  His first significant film role.  Impressive "debut."

Hopkins

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

@just beeYes I have, but it has been a long time.  I will have to watch it again. 

I find it impossible to believe that he is 81.

Honored Contributor

@Lapdog wrote:

@just beeYes I have, but it has been a long time.  I will have to watch it again. 

I find it impossible to believe that he is 81.

@Lapdog

Hopkins

Yes, you will. Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~