Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT’S YOUR ALL TIME FAVORITE MOVIE & WHY?

My Cousin Vinny is the funniest movie ever.

Honored Contributor

Better-half watches a film once and that's it.  I can watch my favorites, over and over again, back to back even.

It drives him crazy.

The list of favorites is very long but if I have to choose just one...

The Lion in Winter

Peter O'Toole and Katharine Hepburn, The Lion in Winter (1968).

It's pretty much James Goldman's play in front of a camera.  I was probably 8 years old when I first saw it and it's been my favorite ever since.  My, that's half a century.

Brilliant dialogue, outstanding performances, incredible soundtrack and... I always sob brokenly at the end.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

We stayed at the Grand Hotel where that film was made. It has wonderful food ,and our room, was a suite, called the Chinese Room. We had a small porch that overlooked a side street

I think it was one of the few suites in the hotel, and had one of the few king sized beds .  I loved the hotel and hated the film

The film was very popular in Chain or Japan, a group of tourist,s from that country, came to view the hotel. They all smoked like chimneys, and wanted  photos taken of them ,in one of the restaurants , seated at the table, puffing away

Respected Contributor

Johnny Got His Gun. 

It left a huge impression on me. It changed me in ways I never thought possible. I view life and war differently. It was many years ago. Many people never heard of it. The movie itself was played down. Regarded as a movie not to see because of its subject matter. Dalton Trumbo went past what was excepted.

Respected Contributor

It's a toss up between Gone With The Wind and The Godfather. (saga)

There are tons of movies I love and watch whenever they reappear.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

This question is easy to answer: Schindler’s List.

It touches me like no other movie....shows the greatness and humanity of one person’s decisions and how they can impact others —and the world. 

No no matter how many times I see it, it MOVES me.

Honored Contributor

On Golden Pond - loved the setting and Katherine Hepburn and Henry Fonda.  I could live in a cabin like that if all the modern conveniences were nearby.

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

This question is easy to answer: Schindler’s List.

It touches me like no other movie....shows the greatness and humanity of one person’s decisions and how they can impact others —and the world. 

No no matter how many times I see it, it MOVES me.

@Goldengate8361

I have a friend whose father was on Schindler's list.

Valued Contributor

The Way We Were

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love The Bishops Wife and Miss Congeniality, Hidden Figures and Funny Girl.   I Hate the movie Hatchi and regret watching it till the day I die.