Highlighted
Honored Contributor

WHAT’S YOUR ALL TIME FAVORITE MOVIE & WHY?

”Somewhere in Time” is still my favorite movie. Besides the story being romantic, the setting and scenery is beautiful. The music...well, still moves me to tears.

Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT’S YOUR ALL TIME FAVORITE MOVIE & WHY?

I love " Steele Magnolias " for it's humor , depiction of women's friendships and a mother's love. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

”Somewhere in Time” is still my favorite movie. Besides the story being romantic, the setting and scenery is beautiful. The music...well, still moves me to tears.

Have you been to the Grand Hotel in Upper MI yet?  Ya gotta go!!   Summer's best. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I love " Steele Magnolias " for it's humor , depiction of women's friendships and a mother's love. 

Women have to be in movies now for me to enjoy.  I have the music to that movie.  I love the CD to SM.

Honored Contributor

It's a Wonderful Life

I've watched it countless times. It never fails to touch my heart.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

36 Hours. It is about D- Day and also the urban myth about a community that is American but really a Nazi community. Rod Taylor stars in it and he is a fav of mine.

DH and I wil sometimes make a joke about "papercut".

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

”The Sound of Music” is my all time favorite movie. I love it all - the scenery, the music, the talent, the storyline. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks for reminding me of "Somewhere in Time". Great story and cast. No gratuitous "adult" themes, profanity, or other tripe that film makers today seem obsessed with. Have not seen this movie on TV in quite some time. Wonder why.

Honored Contributor

Gone With The Wind.  I have always felt I could step back into pre Civil War days.  I found it as a young teen and have watched it over 25 times.

This is Scarlett in a Duncan Phyfe settee.

Image result for scarlett o'hara

Super Contributor

At least once a year, "Finian's Rainbow". Tommy Steele... *sigh*. Cutest leprechaun ever!  I think I may have something for Irish men, he wasn't the first Smiley Happy.

I believe I read that it was Fred Astaire's last dancing role. One of the greatest.