Valued Contributor

Re: WHAT DID SANTA LEAVE UNDER YOUR TREE?

Deeva, I so agree with you!  It's been 47 years for us and we don't want for anything.  Now it is fun when I head out and he gives me some money and tells me to get a mani and pedi or he is heading out to do something and I will give him the money to do it or purchse something I see him looking at. He is so funny, he thinks nothing of spending large sums on things he wants but something small he will mull over for months.  We have been so blessed over the years and I can honestly say unless there is a catastrophic event in the world we should be pretty set financially for life.  I know there are no absolutes but I find I enjoy supporting organizations or non profits that I feel fit my beliefs.  I can now give time and money to the things I believe in.  

Esteemed Contributor

I got some very lovely & thoughtful gifts. But once again it was the notes I got from my son & DH that meant the most to me.

My son wrote DH & I a lovely note. He will be graduating from law school & getting married in 2020. He reflected back on his childhood & his fondest memories. He thanked us for being "awesome & loving parents ". He said that "he loves us beyond measure " & thanked us for always being his rock.

My DH also wrote me a note in which he gave me the credit for how well our son turned out. He called me the "wind beneath the wings of our family ".He called himself the luckiest man in the world.

I told my son & DH that I'm the lucky one!! I am truly blessed.

Esteemed Contributor

Hubby surprised me with two beautiful hand blown pieces he ordered from Blenko Glass Company in West Virginia.....plus some lottery Scratchers (I won $100)! We enjoy having a couple of gifts for each other that we open together on Christmas morning.

Trusted Contributor

Hey@AngelPuppy1 Let me know how that arctic hat works out.  Might be just what I need for gardening in the Mojave Desert, but I'll wait for you to try it out first.😁

Honored Contributor

@LIG1 wrote:

We haven't opened our gifts for each other yet.. DH has been sick with the flu for several days. 

Sending Christmas love and hugs to all hereHeart

@LIG1  DD has the flu so we haven't opened gifts with her either.

Honored Contributor

@VegasBusinessWoman wrote:

Hey@AngelPuppy1 Let me know how that arctic hat works out.  Might be just what I need for gardening in the Mojave Desert, but I'll wait for you to try it out first.😁

@VegasBusinessWoman 

I will post when I get to use it, but it won't be until spring!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

A new tuba, actually. A rather unique one that will potentially serve me in a couple different performing situations.

Looking forward to taking it to our first New Year's rehearsal.

As you can tell, DH is a HOPELESS ROMANTIC!❤️

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG How lovely!🥰

Honored Contributor

I actually got some family heirloom jewelry, old and new, and the most wonderful knee high cable knit fleece socks because I am always cold!  My secret santa did well. 

Esteemed Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@LIG1 wrote:

We haven't opened our gifts for each other yet.. DH has been sick with the flu for several days. 

Sending Christmas love and hugs to all hereHeart

@LIG1  DD has the flu so we haven't opened gifts with her either.

@colliemom4, I'm so sorry to hear that your DD has the flu, too. I hope she feels better soon.Heart It's a nasty bug this year and I'm washing and cleaning things daily in hopes that I don't get it myself. Christmas is still on hold for us here and that's ok.