Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHAT DID SANTA LEAVE UNDER YOUR TREE?

Love your humor - and your tribe!

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

We opened our gifts last night right before midnight.  That is unusal for us, but we have things to do this morning before we leave for his family's annual buffet.

I got gift cards/certificates for a massage, my beauty salon, favorite hardware store and nursery.  A waterpik cordless flosser, fruit cake and a bouquet of flowers.  Santa left for DH an 8" fry pan, McDonald gift cards, gift certificate for car detailing, lottery tickets, a back scratcher and an accessory for his new car.

Esteemed Contributor

Hubs and I ageed years ago to use our $$ to spend on kids and now grandkids - not to exchange. Our anniversary is Valentine's Day so we go 'big' on that day. HOWEVER, hubs is retiring January 2nd. I'll work another year, maybe more. Who knows? I love my job. Hubs only inside task, thus far because of his 11 hour work days in the corporate world, is vacuuming. And this will change with his retirement status. Guess what surprise gift I received under our imaginary tree (didn't put one up this year -- no time). One of those robot vacuums. 

He and I locked eyes during gift exchange and I smiled ever so slightly. Which brought about a boyish, adorable, sheepish grin on his face.

I hope he enjoys my gift! I'm not upset. I'll just add cleaning ceiling fan blades to his job task. Hey, you gotta run the house like a business if you want to get anything done.  

A beautiful day with family. Sadly, flight attendant daughter had laryngitis and severe sinus infection. She couldn't fly on Eve and Christmas and has a medical release until the 30th. She's mending, but it was nice to have her here on the holidays, coughing and barely able to speak, but upright. 

Let's have an amazing 2020. 2019 was interesting, eh? Civility, prosperity and happiness to all.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

We opened our gift last night.  And put the dirty dishes in. 

Honored Contributor

We didn't put up the tree this year--just moved back in Nov from having the house under go major repairs from a falling tree a year ago ----have too many boxes of "stuff"  all around to find room for a tree and not quite sure where my decors are-----and we don't do gifts anymore anyway-----just eat Woman Wink

Frequent Contributor

My hubby didn’t have to spend Christmas Day in the hospital.  Went in yesterday after receiving a call from one of his doctors saying his blood was 5.9.  He had three blood transfusions.  I picked him up around 2:30.  On the way home,we looked at Christmas lights.

Later on, will have family and friends over for lunch.  Didn’t have time to prepare anything special because we were in wound care.  So, the family, is grateful Papa is home.

Honored Contributor

Aww It really breaks my heart reading about those that have been married a long time and never exchanging gifts to each other anymore. How very sad. My dh and I have been married for 42 years, been together 46. We always  give each other gifts. We love surprising each other!  Woman HappyHeartMan Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My Santa is still sawing wood (long winters nap) lol

and its ten am. The party last night must’ve tired him out. 🥰

Any way, there are a few presents to be opened , bless his heart he’s a big ol’ sweetie. He insists on keeping the fun of present exchange going and I love him for it.

🌲Merry Christmas and a peaceful and Wonderful day to all .

Respected Contributor

@ID2 

I don't consider it sad. After decades of marriage, we just don't wait for Christmas to buy each other gifts. Thru out the year we show our appreciation for each other. Christmas is not about gifts in our home.

Honored Contributor

Merry Christmas @squeaks   I'm glad your beloved is home with you on this day.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise