Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

Can't stand that store.  To me, it's just a designer grocery store.  My daughter dragged me in there during the pandemic, and the store was packed with people.  Told her to get what she needs and we're outta here.  It's a great place to get Covid.  There's a giant food store across the street that's super clean and carries everything 'I need.  Way less people shop there.  To me, food is food.  It all tastes the same.  

@Blingqueen023  I hate crowded stores. Won’t go in them. I think Florida is a great place to get Covid. At least in our Wegmans everyone is masked.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

Can't stand that store.  To me, it's just a designer grocery store.  My daughter dragged me in there during the pandemic, and the store was packed with people.  Told her to get what she needs and we're outta here.  It's a great place to get Covid.  There's a giant food store across the street that's super clean and carries everything 'I need.  Way less people shop there.  To me, food is food.  It all tastes the same.  

@Blingqueen023  I hate crowded stores. Won’t go in them. I think Florida is a great place to get Covid. At least in our Wegmans everyone is masked.

@proudlyfromNJ @Masks are required in Maryland too.  Actually, a grocery store and a hair salon is the only businesses I've been to during the pandemic.  The salon 'I go to has private rooms for each hair stylist.   One thing I can honestly say positive about Wegman's is it's a beautiful grocery store inside.  Absolutely gorgeous.  I grew up with Giant Food in the DC area and will continue to shop there.  Hope you've been well and staying safe.  

Trusted Contributor

@ninjawife,

I'm waiting for that one to be built.  I'll still be close to an hour away, but I'll take it.

Frequent Contributor

Buyer beware......I cannot go grocery shopping any longer & even if I could I won't because of Covid.   I shop online & use the pick-up feature but here's the kicker.  Their prices are jacked up for that service & delivery option also.

They charge 5cents a bag unless you bring your own bags in.  Not for delivery or pickup though but they make  that up on their inflated prices.  I only shop there when II can't find what I want @ WalMart. Also try to find brand name products @ Weggies, they have there own brand & it's not great.  Danny's best stinks!!  I did an item to item cost comparison from Weggies to WalMart & it is ridiculous how much it costs  for the Pickup service.  Walmart does NOT inflate their prices & I can still get brand names there.   If I could get cold cuts & good vegetables @ WalMart I would never go back to Weggies. Did you all notice that QVC only uses Wegman's products for their cooking shows???  I also use Aldi's & BJ's who offer curbside pickup.  

Valued Contributor

We have a Wegmans very close to us. It is a huge store which features their own brands. They do not have several brands that our family enjoys. We do not like their chicken but do like all of their other meats. I do shop in Wegmans but go to Giant more often. Our Wegmans is always crowded and during holidays it can take a half hour to get out of the parking lot. I never go to Wegmans near a holiday! 

Super Contributor

I am just so-so on Wegmans. They are big in my area and there is like 5 locations within 20 minutes of me. Crowded, hectic and some things super pricey. Good coffee bar and sub shop though and I have no complaints about the pharmacy...used them for years with little issue. My parents recently got their Coivd shot via Wegmans and said the process went smoothly.

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Esteemed Contributor

Love ours. Lots of choices.  And very helpful staff. Couldn't find something my hubby was looking for and they told him to continue shopping and they would find him and bring it to him which they did.

Amazing produce department.  

Contributor

I live in Ny where Wegmans started. My mom and I shopped there in the 1960's. I still love that store. We have so many Wegmans here, there is never one too far away. Once you get to know the lay out of the store, you will know what aisles you need to go down.  The customer service is the best around! If you have a problem with anything, they will take care of it. I'm sure the food is fresh and put in freezers or coolers as soon as it is delivered. I was told this by a health dept. person that came to the school where I worked. I like the Wegman brand because they clearly mark their packages gluten free, lactose free etc. which is important to me. I do buy other name brands for my family. I did work there about 20 years ago. They were very nice to work for.

Esteemed Contributor

My grandson is a young newlywed who just bought a townhouse in a suburb near Baltimore. Having gone to our Wegman's in upstate NY throughout his childhood, he was thrilled that there was a Wegman's in his new town. I think it was the deciding factor in choosing that townhouse.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: WENT TO MY NEW WEGMAN'S

[ Edited ]

I have been to the Wegman's in Bridgewater and in Woodbridge New Jersey.   Neither are close to me.   Love the store...... but liked the one in Bridgewater better than the one in Woodbridge.