Honored Contributor

Keep an eye out when ordering online at WalMart.  They mark up some of their prices online.  Some products have shown 2 prices...one for online and one for in the store. A lot are just higher priced online than in the store.  

They are also known for not paying employees very well.  My purchases are a drop in the bucket for them and certainly don't go toward employee benefits/wages. But it makes me feel better to shop where employers pay or treat their employees a little better. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I never knew they have an online and deliver especially free. Next time I need litter ans cat food I will look at th e prices. I can't lug it home in a grocery cart-too heavy for this old lady. Thanks for telling.

Honored Contributor

Certainly Walmart online is an option but it does not even begin to compare with Amazon for me.  I tried Walmart yesterday with no luck, I saw a portable manual washer on HSN.  I wash many things by hand and that washer seemed perfect for me.  I haven't bought anything on HSN for years and I didn't want to start again.  To be perfectly honest, I don't need the temptation of another shopping channel.   So, l went to Amazon and found it but for $20 more.  I tried Walmart and they did not have it, they had one that was  sort of similar but it didn't wring the clothes and the Amazon one was eligible for Prime so with free delivery, that brought it closer to the HSN one which ships for $7.50.  

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I don’t know why but I never get my orders from Walmart in two days.  

That's what my neighbor said. She shops online a lot but she did say that she never received 2 day delivery from them.  It always takes 3 or 4 days.  

Honored Contributor

Re: WALMART ONLINE....

[ Edited ]

@halfpint1 wrote:

I never knew they have an online and deliver especially free. Next time I need litter ans cat food I will look at th e prices. I can't lug it home in a grocery cart-too heavy for this old lady. Thanks for telling.

I get my dog food and treats at Chewy.  They almost always have better prices than WalMart.  I set up an automatic shipping so the food is delivered every 3 months and I never have to lug the heavy bag home.