Esteemed Contributor

I greatly enjoy my volunteer work.  I am a docent at a museum.  I also will be reading to young children at a library soon for their reading hour.  I plan on volunteering to mentor/volunteer adults that need to learn to read and improve their reading skills. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
spix, my hat goes out to you to go to O'Hare Airport for anything other than a flight, lol. Very congested driving.
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

Re: Volunteer work anyone?

[ Edited ]

@IamMrsG wrote:

Volunteering is a wonderful thing to do.  I'm just not into telling the world about it. 

Volunteering is a wonderful thing to do!  And I see no problem with sharing your good experiences and encouraging others to join in the good and satisfying work!  It's not a matter of "tooting your own horn"; it's good to let others know what good opportunities exist and how welcome they'd be in the ranks of volunteers.

Esteemed Contributor

I love it.  I grew up seeing my parents helping others all the time, so for me it was natural.

Currently, I volunteer as the wine coordinator at the local farmers market.  I really love that!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.