Trusted Contributor

I have always enjoyed volunteer work over the years!  I have worked at church, school lunch room, hospital and public library!  Great places to do something rewarding in helping others and also for making many new friends over about 20 years!!

How about you?

Respected Contributor

Volunteering is a wonderful thing to do.  I'm just not into telling the world about it. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

I currently spend two shifts a week working in the warehouse of our local food bank. 

Respected Contributor

I volunteer at O'Hare Airport, information desk for Travelers Aid, & entertainment for Chicago Dept of Aviation, it's the best volunteer work I've ever done, really fun & rewarding helping travelers that need assistance of all kinds. Also in my community, for several years with our local organization, we are a small neighborhood in the city of Chicago, do what we can to improve the quality of life in our area, working to get a new Library, addition to the local elementary school, park field house, play lots, etc

Honored Contributor

@spix wrote:

I volunteer at O'Hare Airport, information desk for Travelers Aid, & entertainment for Chicago Dept of Aviation, it's the best volunteer work I've ever done, really fun & rewarding helping travelers that need assistance of all kinds. Also in my community, for several years with our local organization, we are a small neighborhood in the city of Chicago, do what we can to improve the quality of life in our area, working to get a new Library, addition to the local elementary school, park field house, play lots, etc

What an interesting and helpful volunteer job!

Respected Contributor
Thank You lulu2 I love doing it!
Respected Contributor
Sorry I didn't reply sooner Newgate, but you're absolutely right!
Honored Contributor

For 25 yrs I have been volunteering at a hospital in the pediactrics dept.  I hold, feed, rock, change & sooth drug addicted new borns.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
I am in my 38th year of volunteering with a local community project.
Esteemed Contributor
I volunteer at a local no kill animal shelter.