Respected Contributor

Volkswagen Uncle Edward Commercial

Volkswagen commercial showing kids getting picked up from school by parents. Info details Uncle Edward died for 6th time in year while school personnel showing concern, etc.
What a horrible excuse for humor! Schools strive to educate, set examples, support parents, etc and this promotes lying big time on part of parents and kids benefiting. NOT getting my nod of approval. Wonder who wrote and produced this mess?
Respected Contributor

Re: Volkswagen Uncle Edward Commercial

it's awful! 

Super Contributor

The point of a commercial is to get your attention and get people talking about it.  In that regard, it has been very successful.  It got your attention and we are talking about it.  

I have seen two versions of this commercial.  The first one said that there is no Uncle Edward.  No commercial could influence me to take my kids out of school for a day of fun.  A lot of over-the-top, stupid things happen in commercials.  They have become white noise to me.

Honored Contributor

That is an awful one!

Another one I hate is that Peloton commercial for that exercise thing-so annoying!

All throughout they have someone breathing really loud. Maybe they think people who work out will think this sound is cool.

I can never remember the name of it either  (had to look it up) so its not like I'm remembering it, just remembering the stupid commercial for some kind of exercise. I mute it as soon as I can.

I bet we could do a lot better with commercials that make sense.

On the other hand I really appreciate the good ones.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

Another one I hate is that Peloton commercial for that exercise thing-so annoying!

All throughout they have someone breathing really loud. Maybe they think people who work out will think this sound is cool.

Those Peloton commercials crack me up!  All those folks are fit, not an ounce of fat on them, the females as well as the males are ripped (6 packs).  I would love just once to see an "out of shape" huffing & puffing person on those machines.  Now that would make a funny skit on SNL. Smiley LOL

The background song is DA BOMB!  Gets me dancing around the house which IS a form of exercise......

Jay Z - On To The Next One

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbbVe4shQoI

While fonting this post, a Peloton "take it anywhere" commercial came on ID. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac  The Peloton commercial is on constantly, and like you said all the people are beautiful and so are their homes with the huge windows.  The minute I hear the music I know the sweaty, beautiful people will be on their Peloton machine.