Respected Contributor

Visiting in the hospital and heard the cutest thing!!

My husband and I were visiting a family member in the hospital today when all of a sudden, Lullaby and Goodnight started playing over the PA in the room. 

There was a nurse in the room and she must've seen the puzzled look on my face. She told us that they play that everytime a baby is born. I think that is the cutest thing ever!!

The last time I visited anyone in the hospital was over 14 years ago, so maybe this is old news to some (or most) of you.

But it sure tickled me and made me smile!  Smiley Very Happy

Contributor

Re: Visiting in the hospital and heard the cutest thing!!

I noticed that too recently when my husband was hospitalized overnight. never realized that is why the tune was played, a very nice idea. thanks for sharing.

Respected Contributor

They do this in at least one of our local hospitals...but only in the maternity ward. I think it's cute, too!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@firebird wrote:

I noticed that too recently when my husband was hospitalized overnight. never realized that is why the tune was played, a very nice idea. thanks for sharing.

@firebird  You're welcome. I think it's a great idea!

Respected Contributor

@vermint wrote:

They do this in at least one of our local hospitals...but only in the maternity ward. I think it's cute, too!

@vermint  This was played in the ICU. We were told it plays in all rooms. 

I wonder who came up with this idea? 

Honored Contributor

They did it in the hospital where I worked too.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

Its weird you mentioned that.  I always knew they did this at our hospitals here, but Sunday my father was rushed into the hospital, and as I am waiting to hear something from the Drs, the lullaby played 2 times.....my first thought was...circle of life,  people pass on here and begin their lives here.  Thankfully my father  will be ok, but it actually made my smile and my heart felt something as I heard that sound throughout the emergency room.

Its a BEAUTIFUL THING THEY DO...WHOEVER THOUGHT OF THAT, WOW, SO SPECIAL...

Respected Contributor

@Skididdy wrote:

Its weird you mentioned that.  I always knew they did this at our hospitals here, but Sunday my father was rushed into the hospital, and as I am waiting to hear something from the Drs, the lullaby played 2 times.....my first thought was...circle of life,  people pass on here and begin their lives here.  Thankfully my father  will be ok, but it actually made my smile and my heart felt something as I heard that sound throughout the emergency room.

@Skididdy  Yes, indeed.....the circle of life!

Glad to hear that your father will be OK.

Valued Contributor

This was done at the two hospitals I worked in until I retired four years ago--it's not a brand new thing. I remember hearing the lullaby always made me smile, no matter what I was doing. A new life coming into the world is always something to smile about! It was a wonderful idea, whoever thought of it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Skididdy wrote:

Glad your Dad is Ok..