Honored Contributor

...That is my job today.  We have a white vinyl fence in our backyard, roughly 18 panels......The top of the fence has lattice.  I am hand cleaning because I don't think the power washer does a good job.  

The issue is the lattice..NO AMOUNT of scrubbing will clean that lattice.  I have tried a lot of cleaning products...none have worked.  If anyone has any suggestions, I appreciate hearing what you have tried.

thanks

Honored Contributor

We buy vinyl siding cleaner. I think the last bottle we bought was made by Scott's (the lawn people). It did a nice job on our neighbor's siding. 

We have used the vinyl cleaner with the power washer on the vinyl fence and it also did a nice job BUT we do not have lattice. It is just straight panels.

Esteemed Contributor

Although I haven't tried this yet - I also have white vinyl but no lattice.  I have 2 jugs ready to go - weather permitting - of Mold Armour - greatest for mold and all types of dirt and for all materials...:  vinyl - wood - cement..........hook jug to hose and/or use the squirt bottle.  Also Simple Green very good for stubborn stains.  There are other products on Amazon (of course)  Last year just used bucket of soap/water and old soft bathtub mop and water to rinse. 

Esteemed Contributor

I find Simple Green works wonders on my vinyl fence.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, use some TSP in a bucket of water. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone I appreciate the recommendations.  I will see what I can find locally.  

I'm done for the day, I got over half of it done, and it looks nice...the lattice still needs cleaned, if I knew what a pain the lattice would be I never would have had it installed at the top of the fence.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Vinyl fence cleaning

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs 

I have had great results with 30 Seconds Cleaner.  It smells like Clorax, but does a much better job.

We have white fencing all around our porch and I spray, let it sit, then rinse with the hose.  It gets green mold off, and gets the railing really white.

I found it at Walmart, but Ace Hardware has it, and I'm sure you can find it in most stores that carry cleaners. 

I've sprayed it on moss on our brick and it's dead overnight. 

Right now, I have 3 full gallons in my cleaning arsenal!

I do not dilute, but put it in a spray bottle and use full strength.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman   Thanks...I was looking for something that I could leave on, then wash off, this might work...the lattice really needs a 'whitening agent'.

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

we have almond colored vinyl fencing and after a wet winter - it was CRUDDIFIED!

We use EARTH BRITE - it's a natural clay cleaner, non abrasive. SO useful for so many items. Jewelry, fencing, stainless steel and tile/grout.  I even used it once with my calrisonic on my face - my skin looked 15 years younger! (but don't YOU try that)

Q or HSN sells it.

Honored Contributor

@MoonieBaby hmmm, I might have something similar I purchased from QVC...I might have to experiment, thanks