Honored Contributor

Hubbs is an Air Force Veteran. I was looking for discounts,etc. Even tried googling. no luck.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1  I Googled - here is a list from Military dot com.

2022 Veterans Day Deals, Discounts and Freebies | Military.com

Stars and Stripes usually posts their list online a day or two before.  

Frequent Contributor

Re: Veterans Day discounts

[ Edited ]

@Group 5 minus 1 

Thank you to your Husband for his service!  And to you as well - you were there supporting him.  Thank you.

I am a Veteran and I receive a Newsletter from the Department of Veteran's Affairs entitled "VetResources - VA News" -  periodically.  It always has a Section that lists all of the places that have discounts for Veteran's -- it's quite lengthy for sure.

news.va.gov/vetresources is where the Newsletter is generated from.

I am hopeful this is helpful.  If I get anymore information on the specific discounts attributed to Veteran's Day (which there are always many more which include free meals, free admittance to museums, et cetera), I'll be sure to look for you!

Honored Contributor

Thank you all for the update.

Honored Contributor

Re: Veterans Day discounts

[ Edited ]

@Group 5 minus 1 

Never looked into discounts just for Veteran's Day, but my husband always get the veteran's discount at Lowe's, Home Depot, Boscov's Dept Store, and our favorite out of town restaurant.  Probably a lot of restaurants do, all you have to do is ask.

And in town, our city gives lots of discounts to veterans (free beach tags, discounted tix for amusement rides).  Can't think of any more off the top of my head.

These are all year round discounts, not just for a period of time.

Honored Contributor

Just found out our local Dollar Tree is having a vets specials. 10% off after $10.00 if you are a vet.

Honored Contributor

I know those types of discounts were common years ago but not so much now or not at all.  I do know that Target has a permanent  active military discount.  

Frequent Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 

I received the November  VA newsletter via email today. Lots of Veteran’s Day discounts, free things, et cetera.  

As promised, I wanted to let you know. Here's the link:  

veteransaffairs@messages.va.gov

I'm hopeful you and your Husband find great things!!!

S@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Hubbs is an Air Force Veteran. I was looking for discounts,etc. Even tried googling. no luck.

Respected Contributor

There are many places giving discounts or free meals on Veterans Day. DH is an USAF veteran and likes Texas Roadhouse because they pass out vouchers on Veterans Day for a free meal on any future date. You just drive through a spot in their parking lot to pick it up; they started doing that during COVID and are just doing it that way again. Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Chili's, etc are some of the largest chains doing free meals for veterans on Veteran's Day. Make sure to have your military ID or DD214 copy with you.DH had his veteran status put on his driver's license last time he renewed, so that is easy to use as an ID. When you do a search,make sure to add 2022 since each year changes and some don't. update their offerings.

Respected Contributor

So the Dollar Tree is giving you one dollar if you spend $10.00? How generous.