Trusted Contributor

Re: SHARE LOVE in honor of VALENTINE'S DAY

@itiswhatitis wrote:

Please share something (anything) about love.  Love for your spouse, (widows, widowers), children, grandchildren, siblings, in-laws, (doesn't really matter).

To all my fellow Widows and Widowers---I wish you all a Happy Valentines day.

We can console oursevles with the memories of all the past Valentines we shared with our spouses.

Jamma

Esteemed Contributor

I love the way DH still makes me laugh after all these years. It's amazing when I think something, it comes out of his mouth - verbatim yet!

When I think about how much I love my Sons and Grandson it brings tears to my eyes and a smile to my lips.

I treasure the love & friendship of my parents and siblings .

Super Contributor

@Jamma  Thank you and the same to you.

Esteemed Contributor

My DH has been the love of my life for over 36 years!!! He has been, caring,considerate & supportive!! He tells me he loves me every day & his actions show it!!

My wonderful 25 y.o. son has been the light of my life since the day he was born!! He is loving,mature & responsible!! He's working hard  toward achieving his goals!!

I'm very blessed!!

Honored Contributor

Happy Valentine's Day

Image result for 1 Corinthians 13 Faith Hope Love

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

Image result for Positive Thoughts

You know - on the surface I do agree with this - however, some of the most successful marriages I know they kept secrets from each other. For instance , my grandparents, married , happily for 60 years before Grandma died, yet she would keep all sorts of secrets from him, she had secret bank accounts and money stashes he wasn't aware of with tens of thousands of dollars in them etc. So I don't really know if total open and honest is always best. My grandma told me when I was engaged that a lady needs to have her own life and her own thoughts and feelings independant of her husband in order to remain an individual and not be controlled. 

@151949 openness and honesty is always best.  No matter what.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis  This is your opinion - but opinion does not necessarily = fact. I think every relationship on this earth is different and no one from outside that relationship can say what makes it work - what is right for it or wrong.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@itiswhatitis  This is your opinion - but opinion does not necessarily = fact. I think every relationship on this earth is different and no one from outside that relationship can say what makes it work - what is right for it or wrong.

@151949, the same holds true for what you provided, notwithstanding this worked for your grandparents.  You gave an opinion, which doesn't equal fact "for me."

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

Re: For the Love In You!

[ Edited ]

Oh for heaven's sake - I never said what my Grandmother did was the solution to a perfect marriage for everyone. I used her as an example of a differing POV. Thus would be why I said "for instance".  

However you stated your opinion as an absolute - which it was not - it was , in fact, only your opinion. Did you read the first sentence of my original post? Sheesh.

Frequent Contributor

@itiswhatitis. @151949 

I'm new with this forum thing so not positive who wrote what but when one shared HER experience and yes opinion about the relationships people in HER life have had it is HER experience and opinion which is what the original post asked for.  I don't understand the need to be so rude and say to that poster that her opinion doesn't equal fact to you.  Not everyone's opinion equals fact to everyone, but to the person sharing their opinion it is indeed a fact to them.  The original post asked for opinions and she gave hers which is valid to HER and is as important and valued as any other person's opinion and experience with relationships.  I thank her for her opinion, insight and sharing what she learned from her beloved grandmother and others in her life!  I guess what I'm trying to say is as far as this posts topic it is all about opinion, the person that wrote original post didn't say "please share only what can be fact checked"  I just don't see why it's necessary to be so rude. All opinions are valuable and worth hearing out!