Contributor

Re: Vaccination for Covid when you can get it... Yes or No?

Yes...and thankfully I've gotten my two shots.

Valued Contributor

I got my first Pfizer shot yesterday. In my home country,Italy,citizens are complaining because there are vaccines only for nursing homes, medical employees and now they are starting with schools workers.

They are still at over 80.

They ordered millions of doses of the Russian vaccine.

They are having more cases now with the English variance.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

No! (Hard pass)

Esteemed Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

And in the clinical trials, no one got sick or had to be hospitalized or died @Boehm Collector and that is why I'm preferring that one

@qvcfreak ... no one died in the clinical trials for Moderna or Pfizer.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@qvcfreak wrote:

And in the clinical trials, no one got sick or had to be hospitalized or died @Boehm Collector and that is why I'm preferring that one

@qvcfreak ... no one died in the clinical trials for Moderna or Pfizer.  

Yes, there was death from the Pfeizer shot. Google it. 

Regular Contributor

Yes. I get my first dose today.  I'm not posting the link because I think it's against the rules here.  For those of you having trouble scheduling, there is a site called VaccineFinder . org where you can search for locations in your area.  You can choose which brand you want to look for and the immunization sites are linked and indicate if there are current openings.  Sometimes appointments are gone before you get there, so be patient.

Honored Contributor

I have read that those few who died after getting the vaccine were either elderly or had very serious underlying medical conditions.  i.e. they probably would have died anyway.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

I have read that those few who died after getting the vaccine were either elderly or had very serious underlying medical conditions.  i.e. they probably would have died anyway.

@Mj12 So in other words, there was no firm connection between the vaccine and the deaths?

Unfortunately, there will always be some deaths or serious side effects to any vaccine. But statistically speaking, it's extremely small, so much so that it is not something to worry about.

I think that we encounter far more likelihood of dying from actions we take every day.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I got my first shot (Pfizer) on 3/3, my daughter's and granddaughter's shared birthdays. Second will be 3/31. I just read that a single mother in her 30s died after her second Moderna shot. Sadly, these tragedies happen during mass vaccinations. When millions of people are involved, there are usually a few who have unexpected reactions, but I am willing to risk odds like one out of 20 million, for example, any day.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

I got my first shot (Pfizer) on 3/3, my daughter's and granddaughter's shared birthdays. Second will be 3/31. I just read that a single mother in her 30s died after her second Moderna shot. Sadly, these tragedies happen during mass vaccinations. When millions of people are involved, there are usually a few who have unexpected reactions, but I am willing to risk odds like one out of 20 million, for example, any day.

You're smart, @Vivian, because such tiny occurrences pale against the risk of getting the virus.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland