Esteemed Contributor

Re: Vaccination for Covid when you can get it... Yes or No?

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@qvcfreak wrote:

And in the clinical trials, no one got sick or had to be hospitalized or died @Boehm Collector and that is why I'm preferring that one

@qvcfreak ... no one died in the clinical trials for Moderna or Pfizer.  

Wait and see.......

Esteemed Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

I have read that those few who died after getting the vaccine were either elderly or had very serious underlying medical conditions.  i.e. they probably would have died anyway.

We don't know they would have died anyway. Says who?? The drug company? Oh no, they have nothing to lose by denying it.

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Vivian wrote:

I got my first shot (Pfizer) on 3/3, my daughter's and granddaughter's shared birthdays. Second will be 3/31. I just read that a single mother in her 30s died after her second Moderna shot. Sadly, these tragedies happen during mass vaccinations. When millions of people are involved, there are usually a few who have unexpected reactions, but I am willing to risk odds like one out of 20 million, for example, any day.

You're smart, @Vivian, because such tiny occurrences pale against the risk of getting the virus.

That is, Unless it's you or one of your relatives that dies from it. It is rare, but we don't know any of the long-term side effects. We won't know that for a long time. Those who wish to get it, good for them. Those of us who do not, I wish people would get off our backs and stop pushing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Effie54 wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

I have read that those few who died after getting the vaccine were either elderly or had very serious underlying medical conditions.  i.e. they probably would have died anyway.

We don't know they would have died anyway. Says who?? The drug company? Oh no, they have nothing to lose by denying it.

If a person is fortunate enough to live to say....99 or 100 - chances are - that person does not have much time left.  That is just how it is.

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Vivian wrote:

I got my first shot (Pfizer) on 3/3, my daughter's and granddaughter's shared birthdays. Second will be 3/31. I just read that a single mother in her 30s died after her second Moderna shot. Sadly, these tragedies happen during mass vaccinations. When millions of people are involved, there are usually a few who have unexpected reactions, but I am willing to risk odds like one out of 20 million, for example, any day.

You're smart, @Vivian, because such tiny occurrences pale against the risk of getting the virus.

That is, Unless it's you or one of your relatives that dies from it. It is rare, but we don't know any of the long-term side effects. We won't know that for a long time. Those who wish to get it, good for them. Those of us who do not, I wish people would get off our backs and stop pushing.

@Effie54, whoa, take a breath. If it offends you that I applauded @Vivian, I think your defensiveness is showing.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Vivian wrote:

I have thought the same thing, @Effie54- we don't know the long term effects of the vaccine. But, we don't know the long term effects of covid either, I guess we know some of them from the covid long haulers but we have no idea what these people will have to go thru later onl. I've wondered if it will be a life long sentence for these poor people. 

We do know Covid has killed around 530,000 of our fellow Americans though, that makes me want to get the vaccine.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Yes---am going in the end of this month--will take whatever is available whenever I can. No brainer!!

Regular Contributor

NO I am not standing in line for hours. That is happening in my area. NO NO

Super Contributor

If those who died after getting the  vaccine would have died anyway because of age or serious underlying conditions

Couldn't you say the same for those who died with Covid  because of age and underlying condtions?

Super Contributor

Hell Yeah!