Esteemed Contributor

Go and perhaps you will have a good time. Whatever drama happens... happens. 

Honored Contributor

The two monsters will rule the show so you'll probably not even see them. If you do, just act surprised that you are all there at the same time. Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

Re: Vacation dilemma

[ Edited ]

@Nataliesgramma  How old are these boys?                         

Honored Contributor

I would be honest and tell her about the trip, but I would be also be very firm insetting some boundaries. For instance I would tell her your time is very limited because of spending time with your OWN family, and if they want to get together for Dinner or lunch while you are there, fine, but that would be all.....I would be very firm about this! Don't feel obligated to do more than you really want to........Have fun!!!! 

Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

My son-in-law"s company is having a Conference down at Disney World in June. My daughter has asked my hubby and I to join them and my little Granddaughter for a few days.....

I am close with a Cousin and I like her and her hubby.....BUT her 2 boys are rude...crude and mouthy....We get together a few times during the year and I tolerate them...

The problem is they have ALREADY PLANNED a trip to Disney and it is the SAME WEEK. They don't know about US going since our son-in-law just found out just found out this week.....

I DO NOT want to spend time with them down there....I doubt that I can hide the fact that we will be there at the same time. I know she would be hurt if she found out..... or ran into us down there. She mentioned a few times that we should vacation at Disney the same time....but they always went in June and we went in October......

We are not staying at the same Resort.....thank goodness...but I don't know what to do about the trip

Disney World is a very plan ahead type of vacation.  Bwtween ADR's (advanced dining reservations) and FP (FastPass) selections, your schedule will be full.  LIfe is too short, if you don't like them and think they're going to ruin your vacation/family time...just tell them you're busy.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Nataliesgramma  How old are these boys?                         

8 and 10

Esteemed Contributor

@Nataliesgramma. If I were you I would tell my cousin about the plans two weeks before. Why do you think you would have to spend time with them? You dont.

Its not as if your daughter and her family live next door to you and you see them all they time. This time is for THEM. Go and have a good time especially with your granddaughter.

Trusted Contributor

If your SIL is there for a conference, I would think there would be work/conference related things going on which would take up your time.  So you may not have as much "free" time as you think.  And I'm sure your daughter and SIL would want to spend their few days with their child and you.

I would wait a few weeks to mention it to your cousin.  Maybe just meet them for an informal dinner one night, or at the parade??  Something light and easy.

Don't ruin your precious time with your family.