Honored Contributor

VISITED THE CHIHULY GARDEN AND GLASS EXHIBIT

In WA & today went to see exquisite glass sculptures. The museum/exhibit is at base of Space Needle. DH went up to  top...I took a rain check. 😧A602163A-F17C-4695-A5CD-550FE4BFF897.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Re: VISITED THE CHIHULY GARDEN AND GLASS EXHIBIT

FABULOUS!  AMAZING!  We viewed it two years ago.  Never saw anything like it in my life.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus.  Did you buy anything?  I love hand-made glass sculpture.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I would love to see it someday... I'm sure it was beautiful!

Respected Contributor

The yellow/brown one in your photo, @Shanus, reminds me of Frasier.  Martin Crane would frequently toss his candy wrappers into Frasier's Chihuly.    

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Shanus.  Did you buy anything?  I love hand-made glass sculpture.

@Kachina624. Hi. The smallest sculptures in the gift shop area were $3,000-$4,000! I would have settled for a round blown glass paperweight, but nothing small/in my price range. 

Honored Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

FABULOUS!  AMAZING!  We viewed it two years ago.  Never saw anything like it in my life.

@maximillian  We had seen his work at another museum while on vacation years ago. Anyone near NC, huge installation of his sculptures in and around Biltmore Gardens and Estate in Asheville NC through October...a definite “must see”.

Honored Contributor

@ShanusI have friends who have many of his pieces.One piece is massive and hangs from their vaulted ceiling.They donated a small piece once to help raise money for a surgery that a family couldn’t afford and it sold for thousands.Those orig8nals are pricey.I hope you are having a great time and the best birthday!

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@ShanusI have friends who have many of his pieces.One piece is massive and hangs from their vaulted ceiling.They donated a small piece once to help raise money for a surgery that a family couldn’t afford and it sold for thousands.Those orig8nals are pricey.I hope you are having a great time and the best birthday!

@dex  Your friends are not only fortunate to own those beautiful pieces, but sound also quite loving & generous. I’m having the best birthday ever....Thanks for asking. 

Trusted Contributor

Excellent display of his work as a chandelier in the entry of the Bellagio here in Vegas.  I saw his pieces at a gallery when we lived in Waikoloa, HI and I could afford a soap dish at most.  I’ve always loved Chihuly’s work.  Anyone working in glass is a true artist in my book - the opportunity /probability to seriously hurt yourself is very high.