Honored Contributor

@Dinaki   I should renovate the basement into a lovely wine cellar! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Eileen in Virginia   Hate it for you! Beach, but no beach. Go NC!

Honored Contributor

Re: VACATION PLANS

[ Edited ]

@BlueFinch wrote:

So funny!  I need to spend more time in Puerto Backyarda, myself.  The weather is great and I can make a good margarita Woman Happy.  

@BlueFinch   Make it for 2 (hold the salt) if you don't mind company. Will bring mask and stay 6 feet away. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Eileen in Virginia   Hate it for you! Beach, but no beach. Go NC!

@Shanus  Thanks! Luckily, we have a hot tub on the deck for breaks in the rain and a huge jacuzzi in the house. We're here for 2 weeks, so there's hope for next week. 

Respected Contributor

@Dinaki wrote:

New destinations are availabe now, hurry and book your flight!

LVG  (living room)

MBR  ( master bedroom)

DNG  (dining room)

OFC  (office)

BTH  (bathroom)

WNC  (wine cellar)

BKY  (backyard)

HGR  (hangar)

PAT  (patio)  hurry, this destation is almost sold out

MNC  (man cave)

ATT  (Attic or the Honeymoon Suite)

GAR  (Garage)

Trusted Contributor

@Bhvbum 

I just check, all flights to GAR are sold out. Theres  only two seat to PAT left.

My husband want to fly to MNC after a short layover to WNC Woman Very Happy

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Count your blessings Rain People.  We haven't had any for 2 month and don't expect any until July when the monsoon season starts.  Parts of the Southwest, including my part, are under critical danger for fire.

@Kachina624 

The reason we have rain all week in NC is that Tropical Storm Arthur is hanging off our coast.  We stick out in the Atlantic, and get hit so often.  

Hurricane Season doesn’t even start for 2/weeks.

Ground is already soggy, trees in full leaf, high winds, and they’re like huge sails.  House damage, yard damage, power outages, roads closed.

Hard to be appreciative, but get your point.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Re: VACATION PLANS

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624, I'm sorry that you're under drought conditions, but we're about ready to float away in the Midwest. Plus, the temps are 15 to 20 degrees below normal for this time of year. We've had flood warnings because of all this blasted rain....it just doesn't stop. So no - we're not counting our blessings! We want some dry weather and warmer temps and I want to plant some flowers in all of my pots and baskets! Yes, I'm whining! LOL!

Edited: just read about the fires because of the drought in your part of the southwest. I'm so sorry to hear that and hope that you're all safe. Take care.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9    Enjoy your lounger.  I've taken many Class A naps in mine.  I wish they'd make one suitable for inside use that doesn't look like a lawn chair.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Count your blessings Rain People.  We haven't had any for 2 month and don't expect any until July when the monsoon season starts.  Parts of the Southwest, including my part, are under critical danger for fire.

@Kachina624 

The reason we have rain all week in NC is that Tropical Storm Arthur is hanging off our coast.  We stick out in the Atlantic, and get hit so often.  

Hurricane Season doesn’t even start for 2/weeks.

Ground is already soggy, trees in full leaf, high winds, and they’re like huge sails.  House damage, yard damage, power outages, roads closed.

Hard to be appreciative, but get your point.

@Drythe   I'm noticing we've been getting slammed worse the several years. We had to have our entire roof replaced 3 yrs. ago and we're in central NC!!