Super Contributor

Re: Update story from one year ago

absolutely agree...and he understands his part too...he was out of balance on the home renovations and she was out of balance with going out with her girl friends..they both say they each take 50% responsibility for their  outcome...I just pray for the best life here after for both of them.

Super Contributor

jacnit -- hello!  I do remember your post and followed it.  I've often checked to see if there were any updates.  I am sorry things didn't work out, but it just wasn't meant to be from the get-go!  (JMOWoman Wink)

I know you and DH had similar thoughts/feelings based on your posts.  Your DS will find love and happiness; he needs time to grieve, heal, and realize there is someone out there who will share his interests.

Thank you for the update; wishing you and your family a lovely holiday weekend!  Hope your DD and her family are doing wellWoman LOL

Super Contributor

Oh thank you so much...such kind wordsSmiley Happy  My son is a good guy and had a bad experience from the get go I agree...he's really private and not one for long talks,etc..kind of the "man" in him I suppose lol but I have told him the most important thing is to take the life lessons from it and don't repeat them so hopefully he let that sink in a bit..I think the fact that her parents or any of her family has not reached out to him since the break up has opened his eyes...not sure how you can humanly not do that but they were really weird from the beginning so it's really no surprise. We all have reached out to her wishing her luck and w/no animosity, just making sure she was ok along the way but maybe we're the weird ones lol Anyway, he's doing as well as can be expected...in fact, I just saw on his FB that he's out for a run with his dog & then looking at cars maybe trading his in...it appears he's  getting back to normalSmiley Happy  thanks so much again for your kind thoughts. Oh, almost forgot, my DD and her family are humming right along..moving into their first new home Oct 1st...kids back in school & all that jazzSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Hello, Jacnit...........I just thought of you (again) and decided to type in the search box your nic..............Sorry about the outcome, but your son will be just fine.  How is your dear MIL?  I always remember you and your DH driving a long distance to spend time with her, helping her clean her house, etc.  So heartwarming to me.  Anyway, hope all is well.  R.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

Whenever one of my children hurts, I hurt even more and would give everything I own to make their hurt go away  I'm so sorry this has happened to your family. A similar thing happened to my youngest son except that it was he who wanted to end it after only a year. I adored my dil and still keep in touch with her even after 10 years.God bless you.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein