Honored Contributor

Re: Update From My Urologist Visit

NickNack,

I am praying for a successful surgery, and recovery for you. It sounds like you have plans for yourself, and Ava and Henry afterwards too. I will be thinking about you, and waiting to hear from you when you are able Blessings.
Trusted Contributor

@Nicknack
I’m praying for you as you face your surgery! You are such a nice poster and Ava and Henry have stolen my heart ❤️🙏🏻
Regular Contributor

Wish I lived near so I could take care of Henry and Ava while you are with your sister.  They are both two sweet doll babies.  You take care of yourself and know "this too shall pass."

Respected Contributor

@NickNack , still praying for you every day. Hope all is taken care of by surgery. Bless you and take care.

Esteemed Contributor

Praying for a good outcome, @NickNack  and that this will soon be behind you.  It sounds like you trust your doctors, there is a plan of action and you have a supporting family.  Sometimes in trying times it helps to count our blessings.  We can always find them. 

Take care~

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@NickNack    I am so sorry for your kidney issues.  I have had lesions  myself, which turned out to be cancer.  My outcome was very good. Most  outcomes are usually very positive.  Really.  But diagnosis is the often the worst part.  The rest just falls into place after surgery  it is getting there.  I remember, as I looked back it was the Drs appts, the waiting, the waiting for tests, those appts and traveling to Dr.   oh my.  It was the worst.   Theblood pressure  can be underlying stress.  Justmy experience.  I have suffered from blood pressure issues for years , but worse since I had afib and sugery last year.   I go along fine , and as soon as I get sick, and something as simple as a doctors appt comes up....boom!  The blood pressure reads 200/100  or mostly 170/95   Like that   I had a simple bladder infectionlast month and had  to take antibiotics, and there went the blood pressure.  For the 10 days I was on macrodantin  blood pressure was high .   If i have a doctors appt, my blood pressure goes up starting 2 days before, lol    Then I worry and we all know  what that  does.  Lol
The high blood pressure can go up with anything to do with kidneys.   Your doctor will know.  Anyway, good luck and am sending the best of healing vibes and good wishes for you.  Please keep us informed of surgery  take care

peace

shoekitty

Valued Contributor

@NickNack ..Wishing you the best with your surgery.

I had a kidney removed in June of 2000..they found the cancer by accident ! While taking a test for something else.

As I always say.."the more they look..the more they find.".It was during the beginning of the pandemic..My Dr. got me in as soon as they lifted the restrictions on elective surgeries..he took the whole kidney and no further treatment was needed.I was home with in 24 hrs.!

All was clear with my 1 yr. check up..I feel fine.

My blood pressure was and is always all over the place..They told me to take Xanax for 2 days before the surgery.

I was scared..No one was allowed to even walk in the hospital with me. I was dropped off at the front door alone and I left the same way.

You'll be fine!..Wishing you the very best.

Honored Contributor

Thank you @Jo1313  and @shoekitty  and everyone else.  Jo1313, if they had to take your whole kidney I don't understand why it was elective surgery.  It must have been a large tumor.

I'm sure it was hard to not have been able to have someone in the hospital with you.  I'm glad that's not the case right now.  My sister will take me and be with me when I go back to my room.  I will spend one night in the hospital.  

I'm so glad you're cancer free.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

Thank you @Jo1313  and @shoekitty  and everyone else.  Jo1313, if they had to take your whole kidney I don't understand why it was elective surgery.  It must have been a large tumor.

I'm sure it was hard to not have been able to have someone in the hospital with you.  I'm glad that's not the case right now.  My sister will take me and be with me when I go back to my room.  I will spend one night in the hospital.  

I'm so glad you're cancer free.  

My urologist/oncologist..Said it was better to take the whole kidney and this way we knew the cancer was gone.It could spread if they only took part of it..Like I said there were not any cancer treatments..

You know you are old..when you have more Doctors than Friends! The doctors are younger than your kids!

Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

Keeping you in prayer......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”