Esteemed Contributor

Everything is relative.  Age is relative.  Longevity runs In my mother’s family.  She died young at 90.  With so many medical advances and people trying to pursue a healthy lifestyle, who knows?  

Our family joke is remembering that when my great-grandparents heard of someone dying in their 80s, their comment, “Oh, so young, so young.”

I am in my late 70s, doing my best, and my age when I pass is not for me to decide.  

Respected Contributor

@PhillyGirl23 uh,no reason to be caddy.run along now...

Esteemed Contributor

@Junebug54 wrote:

@hckynutjohn  I'm saying that half of 90 is 45 thus being middle age.   So at 65 she turned middle age 20 yrs. ago.  I could be very, very wrong because math is NOT my strong strength...  I've very good with words though... lol

@Junebug54 

I will use a long distance runner's analogy, and I guess, maybe a little math! A full marathon is 26.2 miles. Most say, and having ran 2, that I  concur.

The first 20 miles, nothing to it. The last 6 miles feel like a very very painful eternity. For many, turning 50 is their officially old. But for stubborn farts like myself, I ain't there yet.

hckynut 🥅🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

My farm grandparents were in bed by 9:00, and up at 5:00.  My maternal grandfather went to bed before 8:00 and was up by 5:30 every morning after he retired, until he died.   That will never be me!   

I can move early if I HAVE to, but prefer not to get up until 9:00 or after.   16 years of working 3 different shifts and 2 night to day double shifts in a week, as well as 11 years of early day shifts, mean I'm going to do what feels right for me now.  

My husband is up and down all night and my best sleep comes after he gets up for the day.   I would be totally sleep deprived if I tried to be an early bird, or I'd be dependent on an afternoon nap, which I have no intentions of doing.   

Honored Contributor

@PhillyGirl23 

I think @Luvsmyfam is just being funny...like me, I've started to go to Bingo once a month I kidded my friends "Mirror mirror on the wall I've become my mother after all".

My mother loved Bingo me I am terrible at playing because I need to play vs socialize.

So, I'm not mocking just enjoying a moment of my mother who passed many years ago

@Luvsmyfam I get your humor! This week and last everyday I've been waking up at 5-5:30 don't know why but spouse said you're becoming me😉.  

Valued Contributor

68 isn't old