Trusted Contributor

@LdyBugz Better to join it than not..

Honored Contributor

@Junebug54 wrote:

Hate to burst your bubble but 65 you reached middle age 20 yrs. ago.

@Junebug54 

I thought the same thing when I read the post.  I thought 50 was technically considered middle-aged.  It's hard to think that mid-40's is middle aged but I guess since 78 is the average lifespan age, then it would make sense that mid-40's could be considered middle-aged.  At 55 I guess I have 23 more years to live...LOL!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

@SurferWife  Changing the subject but if you live were I think you do, I'm very jealous.... 

Honored Contributor

@Junebug54 wrote:

@SurferWife  Changing the subject but if you live were I think you do, I'm very jealous.... 

@Junebug54 

LOL!  Don't be...just like many other places it has plenty of drawbacks.  Truthfully, the day after I retire, we are on a plane outta' here!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

@LdyBugz  or the Mile High Club! 🤣

Valued Contributor

What's even worse is trying to adjust. It's currently 1:15am and I'm bug-eyed! I've realized my insomnia, combined with my age, trying to capture sleep is a losing battle. If I'm up, I'm up. I can hear the snowplows rumbling in the distance and one of my cat's is sound asleep at the end of my bed. It's a new day...*sigh*..

Valued Contributor

?????  What is your point??? You sound like you're making fun of your parents! 

Valued Contributor

It's ***too early, not to**

Honored Contributor

Re: Up way to early.....

[ Edited ]

Or is your body fighting hibernation?  My wake/sleep is own it's time; it doesn't care what the clock says and it appears that a nap can come on, planned or not now.  LOL.  Who knew?

Honored Contributor

Getting old isn't for sissies!

I remember when my parents were my age. They seemed so old. Other than some wrinkles and tolerable aches, I feel much younger than my 68 years.