Trusted Contributor

Uncomfortable situations that made you want to laugh but you know you shouldn't

Years ago it was decided I needed surgery to correct a problem in my neck. I decided to get a 2nd opinion so I went to a doctor that was NOT known to my original doctor and one of the things my primary care doc suggested I ask was, what is your rate ov success on this kind of surgery?

I asked him and he got red in the face--very angry; he launched into a tirade, said 75-76% was about as good as anyone got blah blah blah. The thing is, I KNEW that wasn't true (I'd asked around and got some internet information) and the more he carried on, the redder his face got.

What made me want to burst out laughing is that he had a very pronounced lisp; and the angrier he got the worse his lisp got. I could hardly understand what he was saying (but I got the idea) by the time he was through. I thanked him for his time and my DH and I could hardly contain ourselves till we got out the door.

Honored Contributor

Re: Uncomfortable situations that made you want to laugh but you know you shouldn't

[ Edited ]

Meeting with someone from online dating site. Long story short! Omy!!!!! Thought i was meeting the person in the picture 55 years old. This man was no where near that. Try 80's!! Said to him..You didn't think I would notice?! Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

Re: Uncomfortable situations that made you want to laugh but you know you shouldn't

[ Edited ]

Recently was walking up a wooden stairs to a restaurant and one of my 4 1/2" stiletto heeled shoes got caught in a crack. DH dutifully retrieved it, I put it back on, and walked very carefully the rest of the way in and when we left. More embarrassing than uncomfortable.

Trusted Contributor

Years ago my girlfriend and I went to a public bathroom and It had mirrors all over the bathroom. I looked in the mirror I said to my girlfriend wow that girl over there she has a big rear end. Well guess what it was me !  Lol

Contributor

Thanks for the laugh!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We wanted to install a sump pump in our basement and when we asked the plumber we chose for references about his work he went ape. He said he never had anyone question his expertise in all the years he's been in business and told us he would have to think twice before he took this job. After his display, we decided we would not be comfortable having him do the work.

Trusted Contributor

@FuzzyFace  That is one funny story, thx for the good laugh!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

First day of 7th grade. Getting used to the chaos of changing classes every hour and finding classrooms, someone stepped on the back of my shoe entering the busiest hallway. My shoe got kicked from one foot to another until halls cleared, bell rang and I located my shoe in the corner down the hall. Late to class. Hating my life. Missing my elementary school friends. After lunch I slipped into the restroom before class. Didn't want to be late again. Stopped briefly at the mirror when the cutest 9th grade boy walked out of the stall, pointed at me and screamed -- you're in the boys' bathroom. I ran out, still needing to empty my bladder with that jerk running after me, pointing, hollering to his friends that I used the boys' bathroom. On the bus, my 8th grade sis said to me -- Did you use the boys' bathroom today? Tears. Then sis said, nobody cries in middle school. You're a baby. I went to bed when I got home from school. My sis and I still laugh about this.          

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor

My 80 year old mother went for a mammogram after I was diagnosed with breast cancer. Because of her age she hadnt had one in a number of years. The technician asked her if she had any implants and she replied yes. The tech seemed surprised and asked in one or both breasts. Her response was in her mouth.

Respected Contributor

The following is an uncomfortable and embarrassing situation that had my boss laughing uncontrolably.  I can laugh at it now, but back then I was nearly in tears.  

When I was in my early 20's and home from college in the summer, I got a job in a bank as a secretary to a mortgage loan officer.  I was young, inexperienced and quite nervous, and had only been there a week or so.  I took a call for my boss and the man's name was Lenny Hornster.   I tried to forward the call to my boss but had problems with the phone system.  So, I went into his office to tell him he had a call waiting.  I was so nervous he would be upset with me not being able to forward the call, I unknowlingly mixed up the letters of the first and last name and announced to my boss....Horney Lenster (instead of Lenny Hornster)  is waiting on line 2.  I could hear my boss laugh so loud, I'm sure the offices all the way down the hall could hear him.  

It's now some 40 years later, and I still remember that day as if it were yesterday.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!