Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ugh! I've lost my appetite ...

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@RinaRina CALL THE MANAGER. That's likely a violation of some health codes and it is sickening. Don't let this go by. The cashier should have the areas covered. Yuck yuck.

Your big angry red lettering did its job and drew my attention.

Just want to say I've learned not to take OP too literally.

No doubt there are security cameras trained on the checkouts, so the manager would be able to review OPs checkout if she follows through and speaks to management.

I'm sure they would appreciate hearing her comments because this "horrible" scenario certainly wouldn't be isolated to just during her purchase.

After viewing, if management needs to move her to another store position the videos would strengthen the decision to do so.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66    Before surgery I had to do bloodwork and they couldn’t get it. They called a nurse who was just in surgery to get it.

She washed her hands but didn’t put gloves on and had the terribly long artificial nails. 

I asked her to please use gloves and she replied “I don’t have a disease, do you?”

I repeated to put gloves on, and when she did each nail popped through the fingers of the gloves. 

She kept putting gloves on until some stayed.

The next morning in prep for surgery they couldn’t get blood again and I told them about the nurse. They looked at each other and laughed, knowing who it was.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1Snickers wrote:

@Annabellethecat66    Before surgery I had to do bloodwork and they couldn’t get it. They called a nurse who was just in surgery to get it.

She washed her hands but didn’t put gloves on and had the terribly long artificial nails. 

I asked her to please use gloves and she replied “I don’t have a disease, do you?”

I repeated to put gloves on, and when she did each nail popped through the fingers of the gloves. 

She kept putting gloves on until some stayed.

The next morning in prep for surgery they couldn’t get blood again and I told them about the nurse. They looked at each other and laughed, knowing who it was.

Those claws are disgusting.  About four years ago, I had to go to a Lab to have blood drawn.  Since the Dr.'s office was in the hospital, I decided to use the Lab located IN the hospital.

The phlebotomist's nails looked like this:

Image result for rhinestone nails

She wore gloves because I ASKED her to .. and she was NOT happy about it.  She stretched each glove over her hand, 1/2 way up her arm, and then released the glove with a loud "snap".  The rhinestones on her nails were so huge, they poked thru the rubber gloves.    She was a frightening looking sight.  Back then, "mink" eyelashes were the rage.  Her "mink" lashes were so thick, I was afraid she'd miss my vein (how could she see?)

I complained to the hospital.

It was NOT funny

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

@RinaRina Not to be rude, but so what if she does know you called? Her manager needs to have her wear a scarf or head wrap to cover that area. She should not have to be told that tho. Any normal thinking person would have done this.

Respected Contributor

Maybe she has psoriasis? I worked with someone who had it really bad..on her face, neck, chest and hands. She was extremely clean and neat, but her flaking and red, puffy, raw skin looked painful and sometimes stomach churning. She told me she knew customers looked at her as dirty and that she had spent her life on the outside looking in as a result of her condition, which was through no fault of her own. A little empathy never hurts.
Honored Contributor

Likely psoriasis or another similar condition.

Trusted Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

@RinaRina wrote:

I don't think the store should allow her to handle other people's food.

Or ... am I being too germ-phobic?

I think the store has an obligation to the customer to counsel the employee  and insist she have those areas covered by a head band or something. I would have complained to customer service and said just that.

=====================================================

Exactly!

I always try to put myself in the other persons shoes.  I thought, maybe she has to work (like people who have the flu, but can't stay home because they need the money).

So, putting myself in her shoes, I would've covered that area with a head band. 

That "digging & scratching" with those fake nails was disgusting!

(like people who have the flu, but can't stay home because they need the money). This is not a good reason to go to work and expose everyone else (customers and co-workers). If you have the flu, or anything else contagious for that matter, then STAY HOME AND GET WELL. It is very selfish to expose everyone else to your illness, especially in a grocery store. This is a pet peave of mine. If you are sick then stay home!Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@RinaRina CALL THE MANAGER. That's likely a violation of some health codes and it is sickening. Don't let this go by. The cashier should have the areas covered. Yuck yuck.

It's got to be (a violation). 

Rarely do I come home in the evening with NO appetite.

But tonite, I was just grossed out ... and SHE KNEW IT because while we were talking, I was looking at her hairline!   I wanted to ask her what happened to her scalp.

Unfortunately, I didn't have my glasses, and had asked her about an ingredient on one of the bags.  That's when I looked at the fake "claws".

The problem is, if I call the store manager tomorrow, I'm sure she'll know I complained  because I kept looking at the front of her hair.

She had a tiara of huge snowflakes around her scalp.

Ugh!

Probasbly everyone was looking at her hairline. You need to report her.

Honored Contributor

I feel bad for the employee.  She can't help it if she has a skin issue.  The vast majority of skin issues are not contagious.  

I worked in a grocery store for several years after retiring.  The company I worked for notices this type of thing and would ask the employee about it and/or get a doctor's note that it wasn't contagious.  

Have a little compassion.

Trusted Contributor

Could she have perhaps used a hair coloring and was allergic to it breaking out? That would cause itching and dryness at the hairline especially when working and perspiring in that area.

Maybe she was unaware how horrible it looked and honestly, how unsanitary it was working around food. I'm sure she was reported by somebody.