Respected Contributor

Re: Ugh! I've lost my appetite ...

[ Edited ]

@RedTop wrote:

This would not have bothered me as long as my items were bagged or in sealed packaging.   

Now if I had witnessed an employee stocking chicken and other meats, then move to stock celery, tomatoes, or cucumbers with ungloved hands, I might be tempted to say something.

===============

Fortunately, the 3 items were bagged;  NO fresh produce.  Thank goodness!

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Esteemed Contributor

e: Ugh! I've lost my appetite ...

[ Edited ]

Respected Contributor

@reviewer from sc wrote:

I know not all stores have them, but if possible, go through the self check-out lane. However, you have to also consider that some stockperson had to put these groceries out on the shelf. Who knows if he or she has washed his/her hands before putting the groceries out? I doubt it. I liked the suggestion to have a clorox wipe out and wipe down the groceries anyway. You can't be too careful, especially with flu season approaching...

Those self checkout registers are full germs.  Watch how many people touch the screens and push those buttons with their filthy hands.  Then you're up next .........

Respected Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

@reviewer from sc wrote:

I know not all stores have them, but if possible, go through the self check-out lane. However, you have to also consider that some stockperson had to put these groceries out on the shelf. Who knows if he or she has washed his/her hands before putting the groceries out? I doubt it. I liked the suggestion to have a clorox wipe out and wipe down the groceries anyway. You can't be too careful, especially with flu season approaching...

Those self checkout registers are full germs.  Watch how many people touch the screens and push those buttons with their filthy hands.  Then you're up next .........

===================================

For sure. 

Re: the "self-check" out lines:

One thing I DON'T do is stay behind someone with flu medicine during flu season.  

If the person is paying for DayQuil, Theraflu ... anything that says, "cold & sinus", I move to another line.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

Gross. Who knows what's wrong with her--I'd be worried about catching something. I probably would have returned the 3 items and told them why. Then I would have gone back to get what I wanted and gone through another checkout lane.

================

I just put the 3 items on the back porch to "air-off" overnite.

LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

Just made a quick run to the grocery store ...

After we exchanged "hellos", I noticed the cashier "scratching" her scalp as she was ringing up my groceries.  I only had 3 items.

AFTER I approached the register to pay, I noticed she had some kind of horrible skin sores on her hairline with flakes peeling off.

Although all my items were bagged, honestly, I've lost my appetite.

I don't think the store should allow her to handle other people's food.

Or ... am I being too germ-phobic?

Express this ( "horrible skin sores with flakes") to the store manager (one time), and let him follow through. They may require her to wear some sort of headwrap while she's working until the condition clears.

No, I don't think she should be dismissed from her job.

Meanwhile, you could choose to shop elsewhere.

Esteemed Contributor

Why did I open this thread? I read the topic but I guess I´m jusst too nosy lol. I just finished eating a salad. 

I always pick and chose topics to open and I´ve been doing great so far, but I got caught tonight lol

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sage04 wrote:

Why did I open this thread? I read the topic but I guess I´m jusst too nosy lol. I just finished eating a salad. 

I always pick and chose topics to open and I´ve been doing great so far, but I got caught tonight lol

===============

ROFLMAO!

Sorry!

This is NOT the topic to read AFTER you've eaten.  LOL!

Honored Contributor

OMG!  I'm the biggest germaphobe you've ever known! 

I drive my friend I eat with several times a week crazy.  Now she's getting to be the same way.

I go through bottles of hand sanitizer.  When someone hands me food at restaurants I flip if their fingers touch the inside of the plate.

I have a disorder where I don't have much immunity.  I've had it for years.  So if I get sick, it's hard for me to get better.

I always look at people's fingernails on QVC when selling the food.

Look at David's nails.  Ever notice how short and clean they are?  I do.

I won't mention who the person was.  But this host used to have very long fake nails.  You could see under them and see old food, etc when they were telling us to buy XYZ food and/or selling jewelry.

She now has regular nails.  I haven't seen any dirt or food under them but then I don't watch the food presentations when I know she's selling it.

These people with the long fake nails are gross.  I remember when I was in the hospital, the nurse had very, very long nails and they were very dirty underneath.  

I asked for her boss and asked that she not take care of me anymore.  It was just so gross.

I was told that she was allowed to have them be as long as she wanted but if I felt that strong about it, she would no longer be my nurse.  

That worked for me.  I got another nurse.

I have 2 sisters and now 3 nieces who are RN's.  They all have nicely clean and manicured nails.  I don't mean they get them professionally done, they just don't look like painted claws.

I'd be grossed out too. 

I wouldn't buy the food.  I'd ask to speak to the manager and tell them I want my money back and walk out of the store.

But I wouldn't embarrass the woman.  I'd go to the manager AFTER I went through the line.

Hopefully, the manager would address the problem to the woman and she would find a way to get help for her problem and cover it up.

Honored Contributor

If she was filling up the salad bar, I'd have a problem. Scanning three sealed items, no problem. Let's not treat someone trying to make a living like a leper.