Honored Contributor

USING THE VIRUS TO SELL GOODS/SERVICES

Either in emails or on TV, there are ads for discounts, three months with interest free purchases on cars, furniture and big ticket items. Then comes the "because we're all in this together" or "in these uncertain times". 

Some ads are just funny. "We'll even drive this expensive new car to your house & make the best deal outside your door with social distancing for your safety". Some law firms are reminding us that in these times of "social distancing", they'll meet with you and have video consultations. 

I'm going to be very aware of possible "fast talkers" and deals too good to be true. I think there will be more scams and small print to watch out for as the economy scrambles to recover. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: USING THE VIRUS TO SELL GOODS/SERVICES

Of course car dealers will still get their interest and payments- they will be tacked on to the end of the term. Same with mortgage forbearance.

Yesterday for the first time I saw someone getting their new car and trading in their old one with Carvana, all in the parking lot of some local stores, one of which I was visiting fo buy chicken. 

I do think there will be legit on line deals coming up in the next week or so as retailers try to move inventory at the end of a very, very slow month I will be looking. For sure the scammers are out there as well. Always best to stick with known, established brands. 

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus   I can't even imagine thinking about an expensive purchase any time soon...or at all.  Since I am retired there are only so many things I really need.  I think the scam artists are out there even more so now.... We may "all be in this together" but we still have to watch out for ourselves.  

Esteemed Contributor

Businesses are trying to keep their doors open and pay employees.  To remind the public that they have taken percautions and are open for business is necessary.  Those who can afford to do so can get some great deals.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Trusted Contributor

My daughter bought a car from Carvana last fall.  Said she would never buy a car any other way again. It was easy and seamless.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Either in emails or on TV, there are ads for discounts, three months with interest free purchases on cars, furniture and big ticket items. Then comes the "because we're all in this together" or "in these uncertain times". 

Some ads are just funny. "We'll even drive this expensive new car to your house & make the best deal outside your door with social distancing for your safety". Some law firms are reminding us that in these times of "social distancing", they'll meet with you and have video consultations. 

I'm going to be very aware of possible "fast talkers" and deals too good to be true. I think there will be more scams and small print to watch out for as the economy scrambles to recover. 

I'm so sick of hearing that.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I'm so sick of hearing that.

@CelticCrafter   I so agree.  🤮

Honored Contributor

A few weeks ago, my car was hit and totaled.  I live in PA and the car dealerships are all closed.

I got a new car from a dealer in VA.  They delivered it to my door.  There are essential workers in PA who also need a car and they are angry that they can't get one here.

I appreciate being able to get a car somewhere when it was needed.  The ads are helpful for those in need.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

A few weeks ago, my car was hit and totaled.  I live in PA and the car dealerships are all closed.

I got a new car from a dealer in VA.  They delivered it to my door.  There are essential workers in PA who also need a car and they are angry that they can't get one here.

I appreciate being able to get a car somewhere when it was needed.  The ads are helpful for those in need.

I agree with your post @Carmie .  There are still people in need of products and services.  I think it's great that businesses are offering deals and helping those who are in need.  Your situation is an excellent example.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Businesses are trying to keep their doors open and pay employees.  To remind the public that they have taken percautions and are open for business is necessary.  Those who can afford to do so can get some great deals.

@CrazyDaisy, all the ads I've seen tout their contact-less approach. I haven't seen any ads about businesses B&Ms being open.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland